What's new

sTo0z

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello all, I have a minor issue with VC3 monitor.

During calibration, I do my best to aim and shoot at the calibration points. I have gone through calibration countless times, but always the same exact issue.

Once I activate the cursor to track the gun position on the screen. I can sweep anywhere on the screen and it has very good tracking, until I get to the left side. If I start at the center point and move perfectly horizontally left, the cursor curves and bends down below the left calibration point. It's the only part of the screen that does that. It's not a huge amount, but the tracking cursor definitely ends up below the point by an inch or more.

I don't have a ton of controls for the monitor itself, just those 4 white knobs in the back that doesn't appear to address any sort of curve... and what I know about messing with the monitor itself is to basically not to, unless I want some serious shock/death.

Is there anything that can be done about the tracking curving like that? I've checked/cleaned every sensor, and checked the mirror in the cabinet, all seems good.

Thank you!

EDIT: Whoops! Just saw there is a dedicated monitor section, sorry!

Last edited:
is the picture drooping on the left side? or is it just the gun tracking that's an issue.

because Virtua Cop 3 guns don't use CRT tracking, they're IR guns that pick up data from an 10 LED emitters around the parameter of the monitor.

if the picture itself is drooping then, yes, you have a monitor problem. if it's just the gun tracking and both guns are doing it, then I'd suggest you check to see if the LED emittors are functioning, you may have one out.

My Maze of the Kings has that exact same fault. It's not a screen problem (it's been converted to LCD) and the emitters are fine.

My Maze of the Kings has that exact same fault. It's not a screen problem (it's been converted to LCD) and the emitters are fine.
in that case this might be a better question for Ken

Oddly, seems to affect only the Left/Player 1 gun.

Player 2 feels smooth horizontally across the entire screen.

Back