What's new

brizzo

Staff member
Champion
Reaction score
Just an update for everyone, as of now the website is running on a new server.

Hosting is still in Europe, but overall the site should be faster for all users and not bog down when the site gets busy.

The site now also supports using SSL, will probably switch to SSL always on in the future (change http to https in your browser address bar)

Let me know if you find any issues or encounter error messages, but so far it looks like everything is working like it should :thumbsup:

Are notifications working ? I haven't had any since the move and I can see the site is updated.

seem to be working here this thread was in my notification

thanks for the verify, I checked my spam foldeer and for some reason they were routed there :)

The only thing I have noticed thus far is:

When you hit the quote button, it doesnt automatically go into a reply post, you actually have to hit quote, then reply.

When you hit the quote button, it doesnt automatically go into a reply post, you actually have to hit quote, then reply.
Ah, I'm getting this too. I couldn't remember if that's how it always worked or not since I don't often use the quote button.

thanks for the verify, I checked my spam foldeer and for some reason they were routed there :)
Email is weird. It can take a while for a new IP to be considered legitimate. I didn't look but things like a good SPF DNS record can help, but usually the stuff will eventually find the inbox after enough legit mail is seen by the big "receivers".

Good job on the migration!

I made sure to check email was working! But it will take a bit of time for new IP address to gain "good" reputation

The site is so much better than the laggy amount of time it took before to load. :thumbup:
Mission accomplished!

The site now also supports using SSL
Thank you for this!
Indeed! Let's thank projects like Let's Encrypt for creating a service to provide signed SSL certs for free!

This is actually some new feature that was hidden in the forum software updates that I applied. We were like 12 versions behind. You will also notice when you click quote, a tiny box appear in the bottom right of the page tallying the quotes you have selected.

Email is weird. It can take a while for a new IP to be considered legitimate. I didn't look but things like a good SPF DNS record can help, but usually the stuff will eventually find the inbox after enough legit mail is seen by the big "receivers".
Good job on the migration!
This is correct! SPF is currently configured, but need to setup DKIM and submit the new ip address for white listing with all the big RBL services. Email server also has SSL certificate, but still need to setup reverse DNS to help reputation as well :D

Back