What's new
Any idea what price range at this point and/or availability? Great project. Keep going!
Very good questions to which I don't have good answers :) After I have a proto that's ready for production, I'll do some research and hopefully the numbers will add up to something that's agreeable. The bill-of-materials cost is higher than the OSSC (it seems), and the qty will be lower so it will not be super cheap, but no point in having it made if the price is so high nobody is going to buy it either. A couple of hurdles is shipping outside Norway, and also even with a small run of a 100 units - the money rack up to something that can't be considered hobby activity. One scenario would be to have the boards made 70% complete, and hand-assemble the expensive IC's until the numbers add up to something that justifies a proper production batch.

Newbie question - my Vewlix monitor seems to do an Ok job with Naomi stuff at 31khz over VGA.. my assumption is that the Vewlix LCD is analog overVGA.. I know that your unit is intended to be used for CRTs 31khz.. my question, would the line doubler work over VGA on the Vewlix LCD? I am interested in your project due to the play and play simplicity. True that we have the OSSC but I don't quite like dealing with the remote control and tuning the OSSC for different systems.

Newbie question - my Vewlix monitor seems to do an Ok job with Naomi stuff at 31khz over VGA.. my assumption is that the Vewlix LCD is analog overVGA.. I know that your unit is intended to be used for CRTs 31khz.. my question, would the line doubler work over VGA on the Vewlix LCD? I am interested in your project due to the play and play simplicity. True that we have the OSSC but I don't quite like dealing with the remote control and tuning the OSSC for different systems.
Good question, I think it should and this would be great for that use! So...I need 2 of these units please :thumbsup:

It will most likely work fine for the majority of PCB's - but will depend on the LCD, and you may have a frame of lag as the LCD will have to digitize the output of the scaler. I actually do quite a bit of testing on my desktop LCD, as it's better at showing artifacts and oddities the CRT don't care about.

Would, or could this also solve sync incapabilities of certain systems with certain 15khz/30khz CRT's. Some systems/games don't display at all, or are really off centered. People with JAMMA switches understand.. :/

Would, or could this also solve sync incapabilities of certain systems with certain 15khz/30khz CRT's. Some systems/games don't display at all, or are really off centered. People with JAMMA switches understand.. :/
Not entirely sure about the setup, but.. The sync it outputs is cleaned and regenerated H/V TTL sync - it will not output C sync, and it clears up issues with systems like Taito F3. It does this even when in RGB bypass mode, turning it into a very expensive sync separator :)

Back