What's new

Scarletspeedstr

Student
Reaction score
Started my own thread since I didn't want to get lost in the sticky. I've had an issue ever since installing my multikit where the graphics are garbled (https://ibb.co/cQtEdG). This occurs on every game. Some of the things I've tried so far; reseat B board onto A board, remove and reseat PALG, verify all jumpers are set correctly, tested continuity of all jumpers with a multimeter, verified pins are straight on the kit, removed the entire kit and reinstalled, tried two different SD cards including a Samsung 4GB. Any other tips? I feel like I'm running out of road here.

What program are you using to format the SD card? It might be something more serious, but you could try formatting using different allocation units/cluster sizes (using the built-in Windows formatting tool). You could test with another card or two if you have some on hand, just to completely rule that out.

Thanks SM, I can give that a go. The Sandisk card I formatted with AOMEI in Win10, and the Samsung card was already FAT32 formatted when I opened it so I hadn't messed with it. I can try different variables like you are suggesting.

Darn, that was the easy solution. It must be something more complicated. You used the Windows formatting tool though, correct?

Maybe a stupid question, but have you tried with a different A or B Board? Just to make sure we're looking at the right place.

Troubleshoot/process of elimination:

Like DS says, try a different A/B board combo that you know works. You dont have to worry about killing a cps2 game anymore so...test away.

Hopefully you have some spares. Or if you known anyone that has a working cps2 multi setup, see if they would install your multi, with their sd card and see if that works. If it does, its your A/B board or SD card.

Good luck, hope you get it working, for me its my favorite DS multi to date. Like it so much I own 3 of them.

If you get stuck just send it to me for testing. The warranty is for a limited time so don't waste time if it isn't working for you.

Maybe a stupid question, but have you tried with a different A or B Board? Just to make sure we're looking at the right place.
Not a stupid question at all. I don’t have any additional boards to try it on. Given everything I’ve done I would agree I’m now at that crossroads of needing to acquire different boards to test on.

If you get stuck just send it to me for testing. The warranty is for a limited time so don't waste time if it isn't working for you.
Not a stupid question at all. I don’t have any additional boards to try it on. Given everything I’ve done I would agree I’m now at that crossroads of needing to acquire different boards to test on.
Send it to Mitsu with the quickness, he will get it sorted out for you. Best customer service/support in this hobby :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back