What's new
Awesome. Great news! Keep up the good work.
When this is complete; will the update simply be a Python code (Piforcetools) update that can be downloaded and replace the current script on our SD cards?
Thanks for the update.
You will have to deal with several things:Update your GPIO package. This mean that you have to bypass the password, connect to internet, download and install the package.
Modify the piforcetool.py file. That`s easy, as i can upload it and you simply replace it.
Next step is connection from PI to Naomi. It will be hardwired, you need soldering skills and minimal knowledge of electronics otherwise you have big chance to destroy your console.
One additional electronic device will be -probably- required in between PI and console. That will be a simple transistor and few passive components, not sure yet if i will use this way or an optocoupler.

Pretty much that`s all, of course i can provide a detailed tutorial.

If you`re still enthusiastic after this, that`s good.
Otherwise, you will have to wait for a 100% software solution.
If you could prove a tutorial that'd be great and I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate it.

Once it`s fully tested, you will have a tutorial, no doubts about it.

Awesome. Great news! Keep up the good work.
When this is complete; will the update simply be a Python code (Piforcetools) update that can be downloaded and replace the current script on our SD cards?
Thanks for the update.
You will have to deal with several things:Update your GPIO package. This mean that you have to bypass the password, connect to internet, download and install the package.
Modify the piforcetool.py file. That`s easy, as i can upload it and you simply replace it.
Next step is connection from PI to Naomi. It will be hardwired, you need soldering skills and minimal knowledge of electronics otherwise you have big chance to destroy your console.
One additional electronic device will be -probably- required in between PI and console. That will be a simple transistor and few passive components, not sure yet if i will use this way or an optocoupler.

Pretty much that`s all, of course i can provide a detailed tutorial.

If you`re still enthusiastic after this, that`s good.
Otherwise, you will have to wait for a 100% software solution.
Thanks. It may test my abilities to the max; but just great to see a solution that is possible.
With that said; you mention waiting for a 100% software solution - do you think that is even possible?
Just curious if that "may" come down the line as well for those of us not has equipped to deal with hardware and risk any damage to the console.

Just curious if that "may" come down the line as well for those of us not has equipped to deal with hardware and risk any damage to the console.
Few answers state a positive NO for the software side.
From my point of view, if you don`t want to touch your console, you can connect the output relay of Raspberry on one of the supply voltage lines of the console. It will probably do the same thing and it`s 100% safe.
Like i said, there are many ways to skin a cat.

Thanks. I like that idea - the output relay of the Raspberry to one of the supply voltage lines of the console. Can you provide a tutorial for this method as well? I think this is the way I would go with it.

Today i received the latest Japanese BIOS (thanks Tyler) and i can confirm that non-reset-games-list is unchanged. I mean Naomi games.
That being said, i can conclude that this is a non-BIOS dependent problem.

Since there is a limitation of 10000 characters on every post and a picture is counted as i don`t know how many thousand characters,
i give up uploading a tutorial. Too much time wasted for nothing. I`m not gonna create a pdf file as suggested by Darksoft, it`s time consuming and difficult to edit.
If this forum cannot hold a tutorial, i will upload it somewhere else or not uploading at all. I really don`t have time to waste in this manner.

It looks like even the piforcetools.py file cannot be uploaded here.
This is really stupid

So, if you want it, just send me a message.

Sorry, but this kind of stupid limitations are wasting my time and patience.

Last edited:
It looks like even the piforcetools.py file cannot be uploaded here.

This is really stupid
If you want to shoot it along in an e-mail I'll toss it up somewhere and link back to here for you.

Pictures and files should be hosted elsewhere anyways IMHO.

+1

It would be easy to upload them to imgur.com and simply link them in here. It wouldn't increase the character count any more than the number of characters in the URL.

Honestly it really is best to have a downloadable tutorial as well. A pdf can be opened on any computer or mobile device regardless of the status of your internet.

I also keep a printout of my notes and tutorials in a notebook because it's easier to keep on the workbench and tote around than a computer.

My personal time is -very- limited, therefore more precious than any rules and arguments.
Since i`m not asking anything for my wasted time, i was expecting at least a little support to post the results. It`s not happening.
Whoever is interested will find the answers, but not from here.

Like i -always-said, there are many ways to skin a cat.

Since i`m not asking anything for my wasted time, i was expecting at least a little support to post the results.
I offered to help get it posted here. E-mail it to me and I'll setup the image hosting as well as a host for the piforce file(s).

I am also anxious for the results; please setup a link or anyway to get this out. Rewrite - thanks for the offer to host the link and piforce files. Let me know if I can help in any other way. If you want to directly email it out; I can PM you with an email address. I (We) have been anxious for the results and are very appreciative of your time on this project; this will be a great addition to the net boot (Raspberry Pi) and the addition of all games to reboot. Very valuable addition to the hobby; thank you for your time on this!

People have offered to help you post your tutorial. What exactly do you want from us? Everyone has the same limitations, even me. Melodrama really isn't necessary.

I'm also willing to help. Just make it in a plain Word File and I'll make sure it is posted properly. Even If I have to split it in 2 posts. Don't worry about the technical part. Many peopl here offered to help and we'll get the technical part sorted out...

To make it short:

Here you have the piforcetools file.
View attachment piforcetools.txt - Valid ONLY for RaspberryPi B version

Our brave moderator is not good to give a solution how to attach it, so here you have it.
I modified the extension in .txt.
So, after you download it, don`t forget to change it back to .py.

This is an improved version of script, so any complicated stuff with your RaspberryPi is NOT required.
Just copy-paste on your SD card and replace the old file.

IMPORTANT: This script is valid for RaspberryPi B. IT WILL NOT WORK WITH OLD ONES!
If you have an old one, there is still hope, let me know how many pins you have and i will send you the script.

Relay module looks like this but you can use other models as well.
_MG_1669.JPG This relay is actually used for Arduino. You can find it here. Link is only an example, to have idea what you`re lookin` for.

Connections on RaspberryPi
_MG_1671.JPG

RaspberryPi assembled, with attached relay board.
_MG_1666.JPG

GPIO for RasberryPi B
GPIO.jpg

Here you can see the way you will connect the relay to the video chipset fan.
Of course you will extend those wires, this is just an example.
_MG_1672.JPG

Yellow wire of the video chipset fan will be cut and relay contact inserted (Derick2K idea).

I do not use this method of reset but directly connected to mainboard, if somebody`s interested, can ask.

If was planning a long detailed tutorial, that`s out of question now.
You have the script and strictly necessary info. That`s all.

Last edited:
If was planning a long detailed tutorial, that`s out of question now.
So because you're mad at Mitsurugi you're refusing to share a detailed tutorial with the rest of us? Not to be rude, but I took time out of /my/ busy schedule as well and tested a bunch of games that /you/ asked to be tested. I think it's a bit unfair of you to punish the many for the perceived sins of the few.

Back