What's new

ninjando

Student
Reaction score
My New Versus City hasn't been outputting sound since I got it, so I tried looking into it today to see if I can find the root of the problem. I wanted to test it with Naomi so I adjusted the voltage to make sure I wouldn't blow anything. Before I adjusted the voltage I had Street Fighter Alpha 2 in with picture. The 3.3 and 5.0 lines where a little high, so I brought them down to 3.3 and 5.1. Once I did this, I noticed the monitors weren't getting any picture with Alpha 2 running, so I increased the 5.0v just a tad and I heard a loud pop. There was a smell too, so I'm assuming something blew. I want to check the chassis, but I'm having trouble accessing it. What needs to be removed to access the chassis in a New Vs City? I was planning on taking this cab to Magfest, which is in a little over a week, so I'm hoping to have this resolved by then.

If the popping sound happened while adjusting voltage my guess would be the problem is on the psu not the monitor. Pull out the psu and open it up. Inspect it for damage. If something popped it should be obvious to the eye. Did you check you voltages again to see if one or all are missing?

Back