What's new
Worked on mine. I'm using 1GB Ram
What dip settings?
Two questions,
1.) Did you get Arcana Heart 3 from me, or are you trying to run the leaked Nesica version?
2.) The only dip that has any affect on 99% of X2 games is dip2 which controls resolution. All the other dips should be off. With that said, the Arcana Heart 3 from me, is the ex-board version which was ported to run on the X2 and does not read the dips.

The Nesica games wont be supported until I release v1.4 of the multi, which will be happening soon. :thumbup:
From your FTP. Can you confirm I need 1GB ram?

I installed my Brook Boards yesterday. The Wiring seems to be fine. In that case I guess it comes from the I/O?
What does the Fast one look like? Any sources where to get them and Final question, what does it approx. cost?^^

With next update (Nesica), what size of SSD must I choose to have all games ? I just want to play Type X2 & Nesica games, no MAME or PC games.

Is there some upgrade to do with TX2 board (P3.4Ghz, 7900GS) ?
(I play on a Lindbergh cabinet, original Capcom SF4 panel)

You should only need 1GB to play any of the games. I have heard that the Nesica front end runs slow for some people on stock hardware and they said it runs better with a Q6600 cpu. I have been testing Niko's new kit and it runs just fine with stock cpu and 1GB ram. I did upgrade mine to 4GB just because it was so cheap. I also added the PCI Sata drive rack so I can swap drives out easier.

I've never used the Nesica front end. I want to but I think I need someone to release a pre-built image I can install on a hdd. :) So maybe someone can give their experience with a different CPU. Maybe it really isn't worth the "upgrade".

A used Q6600 is cheap, so it's not a big deal if I have to change it. Q6700 isn't good? But actually, I don't need a (realy) nice front end, just the games :D .
I have some spare RAM somewhere in a box, just have to find it.
I've seen a 7950 GT (RAM 512) converted for TX2 (BIOS flash I think), does it boost something to replace the 7900 GS (RAM 256) with it for Nesica ? Bescause for TX2 games, I don't see any reason to do it.

So, I have to order a SSD to start. Is a 120Go good or must I look for a 240 or even biger?

Worked on mine. I'm using 1GB Ram
What dip settings?
Two questions,1.) Did you get Arcana Heart 3 from me, or are you trying to run the leaked Nesica version?
2.) The only dip that has any affect on 99% of X2 games is dip2 which controls resolution. All the other dips should be off. With that said, the Arcana Heart 3 from me, is the ex-board version which was ported to run on the X2 and does not read the dips.

The Nesica games wont be supported until I release v1.4 of the multi, which will be happening soon. :thumbup:
From your FTP. Can you confirm I need 1GB ram?
I'll try to test for you in the next few days.

A used Q6600 is cheap, so it's not a big deal if I have to change it. Q6700 isn't good? But actually, I don't need a (realy) nice front end, just the games :D .
I have some spare RAM somewhere in a box, just have to find it.
I've seen a 7950 GT (RAM 512) converted for TX2 (BIOS flash I think), does it boost something to replace the 7900 GS (RAM 256) with it for Nesica ? Bescause for TX2 games, I don't see any reason to do it.

So, I have to order a SSD to start. Is a 120Go good or must I look for a 240 or even biger?
Personally I wouldnt upgrade the CPU. These games where designed to run on a single core high frequency processor which is almost 1Ghz faster than the Q6600.

Alot of the 7900 series cards, can be flashed but I haven't noticed any difference on official games between the 256MB 7900GS and 512MB 7950GT. Probably because flashing it, lowers the clock speed to that of the 7900GS. But again thats the card these games where designed and tested to run on.

As for the new drive image, you're going to want to get atleast a 128GB SSD/HDD. Some of these games are quite large. I'll probably base my image off a 128GB drive.

A side note about the Nesica themed setup. It being reported as running slow on non-upgraded X2 hardware may have been my fault. The Nesica theme runs on top of my multi's backend which may have been causing some performance issues within the theme itself. I've addressed the problem but havent tested the Nesica theme since.

Before flashing, you can edit the GS BIOS, change the clocks to match GT clocks and then reflash.

I have an overclocked GS (to higher than GT clocks) and works perfectly. You will not get additional performance with original TX2 games, but maybe you get some benefits with conversions.

Before flashing, you can edit the GS BIOS, change the clocks to match GT clocks and then reflash.

I have an overclocked GS (to higher than GT clocks) and works perfectly. You will not get additional performance with original TX2 games, but maybe you get some benefits with conversions.
I know you've mentioned it in the past. What tool was it you used to modify the BIOS?

@deibit

hey-you-there-you-got-a-medal-thumb.jpg

the reports of atrfates theme running slugish on the stock cpu is true. Switching to the q6600 does help but not a great solution overall. i havent tested other CPUs as i only have the stock and q6600 at hand.
Also some of the sluggish-ness you witnessed Niko could be my fault to i might not have given you the pack that had the Original wmv format videos used on a nesica system. i cant remember which pack i gave you :P

I have been meaning to get around to making an img for people to test out but i have been getting side tracked with things and also a lot of laziness has been hindering me doing it too.

On another note upgraded gpus again like cpus will not improve performance as everything is frame locked and may introduce more heat and power usage both of which in an embedded design is not a good thing.
The PSU was specifically chosen to handle the load of the original configuration so going above this can have some side effects.

This is also an issue with upgrading the fans of the psu. i get people want a quieter system but remember fan noise is normally contributed to the overall output of the fan. so quieter in most cases means less airflow and less airflow in the TTX psu could severely decrease it's life span.

Sorry to really hound this at people but this is specifically design platform with specific power and heat constraints and upgrading without knowing what your doing is not a good idea.
Just to be clear im not having a go at people for upgrading but rather for upgrading and then telling everyone about without understanding and relaying the risks at the same time.
it's like when someone says hey you need to tune a pot on your monitor chassis to fix your geometry issues to a newbie but leaves out the part of dont touch that big red cable.
Knowing how to change a fan is one thing but knowing if a fan needs to be high static pressure or to know if a small reduction in airflow is going to still fit the profile it needs is another.

I'm going to use the fans suggested in the fan upgrade thread as an example. they are 4 cfm fans while the original fans are closer to 15 cfm. That is a MASSIVE reduction in airflow.

Again sorry for the rant. moral of the story dont upgrade unless you have a need for it and then research the crap out of it.

It's definitely much better to put the tx2 I an atx case with a proper modern psu and cooling.

I'm going to use the fans suggested in the fan upgrade thread as an example. they are 4 cfm fans while the original fans are closer to 15 cfm. That is a MASSIVE reduction in airflow.
On the other hand, on the X2's I've received, the CPU heat sink was caked with dirt. Literally, you could bake a cake. Completely blocked air through the heatsink, rendering the fan useless noise. I ran it 24 hours with no problem, and who knows how long it ran in the arcade from whence it came. I've of course cleaned it since then. There's merit to what you're saying, but electrical engineers aren't godlike geniuses who make perfect zero tolerance systems (in fact the opposite is prudent). I mean, it's just an average PC. Doubt the CPU is running 100% to run these games. Maybe they got a good deal from the fan manufacturer. You need to factor in the bean counters when considering why manufacturers use certain components.

Hi
I have a question. Driving games such as Wacky Races, it would be very difficult to make them work with multi that work in a driving cab
Or shooting games

I uploaded my SSD Covers. I hope you like its

http://ul.to/rx6qpz27

1.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 233
On the other hand, on the X2's I've received, the CPU heat sink was caked with dirt. Literally, you could bake a cake. Completely blocked air through the heatsink, rendering the fan useless noise. I ran it 24 hours with no problem, and who knows how long it ran in the arcade from whence it came. I've of course cleaned it since then. There's merit to what you're saying, but electrical engineers aren't godlike geniuses who make perfect zero tolerance systems (in fact the opposite is prudent). I mean, it's just an average PC. Doubt the CPU is running 100% to run these games. Maybe they got a good deal from the fan manufacturer. You need to factor in the bean counters when considering why manufacturers use certain components.
I think both are valid points.

But honestly I think in home use with proper ventilation, the quieter fans are fine. You're not running them 247 in a 90+ degree room. I agree its probably better to just run them in an ATX case.

My only reservation is running it outside the cab. I want everything inside and even the smallest case Ive found isn't a perfect fit for inside cab use.

Back