What's new

ArcadeTV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little introduction about me...

ae.jpg

I'm Alex, known as ArcadeTV around the net, located in Cologne-Bay, Germany, I got into collecting Arcade Cabs when the first ArcadeVGA from Ultimarc came out around 2000/2001.
Back then I had no technical background, I'm a webdeveloper and things like soldering, pinouts and logic-ICs were a seven-sealed book for me.
Things started to get technical when I had to repair some monitors and make custom wiring. In the last 15 years I learned a lot about electronics, still I'm not an expert but today I have some neat equipment, I can do my own PCBs in Eagle and soldering smd-parts is no problem at all.
I'm addicted to picture-quality.. I LOVE CRTs. So I bought an oscilloscope and learned how to measure video-signals. I developed several RGB-Bypass-Mods for consoles such as Mega Drive, Master System and Neo-Geo AES that eliminate any jailbars and result in perfect flawless picture on a tube (I really don't care about flatscreens when it comes to retrogaming ^^)
Usually I share all my developments and I'm always happy to help.
You'll find a lot of crazy projects from me (mostly home-console stuff) on circuit-board.de (that's a german forum where I hang out a lot)

I created a project called "The StripClub", dedicated to host hi-res-scans of stripped videogame-related circuit-boards.
http://stripclub.arcade-tv.de/
I'd love to add more arcade-related boards in the future but this depends on the boards that were donated to me.

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/arcadetv

I'm darksoft's web-worker, if you find any bugs while using this forum please report them to me!

Here's a video of my gameroom recorded in Jan2014:

Thanks for all of your hard work on this site. It is going so well. Much smoother than I thought it would be. :)

You're so welcome ^^
I'm happy to be part of bringing this to life.

20160709_170455.jpg

Update July/2016:

I just had 2 weeks holidays, not that I spent it laying on some beach, I've quit my job after 16 years and had a test-run on a new job that went pretty good. The reason why I didn't spend much time with hobby-related things is because I lost my perspective in the old job and really needed a reboot. Quitting here means that I will have to clear my arcade-basement where I've put my cabs and stuff for a whole century...
Most of my stuff is already sold, but I've kept some cabs, consoles and tools to get back into once I left this whole mess behind me...

I'm really looking forward to dive into new things and come back to the scene as soon as I'm settled. I'm moving from cologne to guetersloh, that's a 2 hrs drive from where I come and I have plans to marry my girl and found a family.

20160618_095128.jpg

20160608_005204.jpg

20160621_191224.jpg

20160701_000256.jpg

20160701_000318.jpg

20160709_165905.jpg

20160709_170426.jpg

20160709_170440.jpg

20160709_174211.jpg

20160709_184009.jpg

20160709_184021.jpg

IMG-20160111-WA0002.jpg

You've got a Road's Edge and a Scud Race! Nice ones!

Have fun in your new place :) We wait for you here as usual.

He doesn't know where he's getting :)

This is what you are going to get if you play too much arcade:

LOL! ^^
Guys, I'm turning 40 next year - my last longterm relationship was with someone who didn't care about arcades, games and circuits and I've spent 8.5 years to find out that this leads nowhere... This time I'm 100% sure and I'm ready for this big step, the girl even managed to rent a basement for my hobby all by herself and always shows interest in what I do.. There's no turning back now, either it works out and I can live both my hobby and family-life or it doesn't, I don't really care at this point. That said, I very optimistic it will turn out good.

best of luck man, I wish you much happiness in the future to come!

All the best Alex. I have 2 kids and I think they are the best thing that ever happened to me in my live (although I am happily divorced :D )

Back