What's new

RyeWoah

Beginner
Reaction score
We have a 4 player OutRun2 Sp and the steering assemblies in car 3 both broke. I guess it was in shipment when they bought the guys used.

No one has attempted to do any repairs to it in the last year, that's where I come in.

Can I take one of the steering assemblies from another car, and install it in 3, and then both those cars just run with one wheel?

Or does each car need to recognize 2 steering assemblies?

Attachments

• IMG_20220614_212002.jpg
    IMG_20220614_212002.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_20220614_211959.jpg
    IMG_20220614_211959.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 114
Pretty sure that's the same part which is fitted to other sit down games.
Daytona 2, Sega Super GT, Sega Rally 2, Emergency Call Ambulance, Dirt Devils.

Last edited:
I ended up finding one on a Hummer cab. I ended up getting the OR2 running.

I think there are two shafts and they are different length, but I'm not sure which cabs come with what (@outrun2 would likely know?).

Model 3 cabs such as Daytona 2, Super GT/Scud Race, Rally 2, ECA, Dirt Devils plus OR2/OR2SP in standard twin form all use the same steering shaft (SPG-2503). F355 twin shaft (FRI-2551) is a bit different, but only in that the shaft has a hole through the centre for the paddle shifter wiring. Exactly the same length as SPG-2503 though so can be used on the other cabs.

F355 deluxe uses a different, longer shaft and Daytona 2 deluxe also uses a different shaft again.

I believe OR2SP DX / SDX uses a very similar if not identical shaft to the standard SPG version, but I've never measured to compare. The setup is the same, but Sega started using a different motor for OR2SP DX / SDX which has a different four hole mounting, as opposed to the standard three hole mounting. Although the mounting frame is essentially the same there might be a slight difference in overall dimensions somewhere along the way which would account for the different part number (ORA-2502) used on these later games (OR2SP DX / SDX, Race TV, R Tuned, Hummer etc.).

Not a lot of help, but looks like you fixed it anyway with a setup off a Hummer, which does use the exact same assembly as OR2SP DX / SDX - I really need to get an OutRun2SP SDX to check! :D

If only.. X/

Reactions: nem
Yeah I was able to salvage the steering assemblies and pedals from a Hummer cab that had been "totaled". I scraped all I could from it before it was tossed, ;(.

The only thing that doesn't work in our OR2 cab is the live camera display doesn't work, and we don't run motion because it draws too much power for our capabilities. We still have steering force feedback though.

Back