What's new

jim197

Student
Reaction score
Hi folks, so I’m in the process of converting one of two animal kaiser cabinets I have for use with Jamma.
The first conversion went well, wiring works, jamma and JVS both work and with some gentle modification to the cp (very gentle) I have a lovely looking animal kaiser can that runs whatever I want.
I had just finished working on my second cab and tried plugging it in but I keep popping fuses. I’ve disconnected everything I can see that could be an issue (new PSU, any wiring I had added) and I still pop fuses, the only thing still connected is the iso transformer.
So, I’m fairly sure that’s the culprit.
Anyway, these particular machines had flat panel monitors installed at factory although still with the iso that was installed for the original CRT’s that the shells were designed for.
I’m assuming that the iso was kept installed for step converting but I’m honestly not sure other than that why in the 2010’s Namco would have released an inexpensive machine with a flat panel monitor that still needed an isolation transformer?

Anyway, I’m trying to track down a replacement if anyone can help me identify it?
Please excuse the rough picture

Attachments

• 46364621-3E79-41A4-882D-EB0AAFF63372.jpeg
    46364621-3E79-41A4-882D-EB0AAFF63372.jpeg
    197.5 KB · Views: 28
From the Animal Kaiser manual
https://manualzz.com/doc/29347366/namco-animal-kaiser
Hope it helps!
Also, it seems the NC9361 is a common name, but XXXXXX-HDK is a serial.
I have an extra, but I'm saving it for future down the road repairs if my cabinet ever dies again LOL.
Though, be prepared to fork out tons, these transformers are expensive according to the person who sold me the cabinet.

Attachments

• transformer.png
    transformer.png
    106.1 KB · Views: 8
Though, I would believe that if you can get something similar, it will work

Back