What's new
Figured it out! If you hold down the corresponding button when the G-Net logo screen appears it will load the version. So in this case for G-Darius I hold button 2 when I start the system and G-Darius V2 loads. That was driving me nuts, I kept waiting for the option screen to appear before inputting a button press.

Once you update the BIOS to the ModBIOS, do you lose the ability to run games off the actual game cards? Is it one or the other? Just curious

Does anyone know if i can use a M27C801 instead of a M27C800?

On Windows, you use the Copy command to append the image file back to itself:

copy /b file.bin + file.bin fileFinal.bin

What does doubling the image mean?
It simply means to take the file and double it back to back within the same [new] file. The end result is a file twice as large but is identical when split in half. Sparing a thesis it allows (in some cases) using a larger/more available EPROM in place of an older/smaller (storage capacity) one.

On Windows, you use the Copy command to append the image file back to itself:

copy /b file.bin + file.bin fileFinal.bin
And on linux, cat file.bin file.bin > doubled_file.bin

Everything serendipitously arrived today - G-Net mobo from Japan, 2011 ModBios from ShootTheCore, PCMIA reader and 1GB CF cards. Got it up and running with no issues and played some UNO from Otenami Haiken Final - feels pretty awesome to be part of the G-Net club!

anyone have a source for a The Block Kuzushi chd? I can't seem to find one.

Everything serendipitously arrived today - G-Net mobo from Japan, 2011 ModBios from ShootTheCore, PCMIA reader and 1GB CF cards. Got it up and running with no issues and played some UNO from Otenami Haiken Final - feels pretty awesome to be part of the G-Net club!
Me too. Joined the club last night. Thanks, everyone, for the resources and various contributions you've made. Super easy multi setup, and several worthwhile games out of a good number.

The instructions on Ikotsu never mention that you should remove the mod BIOS EPROM before powering up to play a game. It's only needed to flash the firmware, not for ongoing operation. I had left it still in (as well as my PCMCIA+CF card, without JP1 bridged), and the G-Net flashed the BIOS again before proceeding to play. It didn't seem to damage anything; it just extended the boot time. I was unable to replicate this behavior, and two other A-P members (below) never saw this. I'm now leaving my BIOS EPROM on the mobo so I don't misplace it.

My mobo came with a backup board, but it looks like we're still not sure what it's for.

Last edited:
The instructions on Ikotsu never mention that you should remove the mod BIOS EPROM before powering up to play a game. It's only needed to flash the firmware, not for ongoing operation. I had left it still in (as well as my PCMCIA+CF card, without JP1 bridged), and the G-Net flashed the BIOS again before proceeding to play. It didn't seem to damage anything; it just extended the boot time.

Odd - I removed the JP1 jumper and left the BIOS EPROM installed in the socket and it hasn't reflashed the BIOS on me. Interesting.

Odd - I removed the JP1 jumper and left the BIOS EPROM installed in the socket and it hasn't reflashed the BIOS on me. Interesting.

Same here, I've never removed my BIOS EPROM. In fact I'm not sure where the heck the original went now.
Gave it another shot tonight with the BIOS EPROM but JP1 not bridged, and it didn't re-flash BIOS. Not sure what happened that first time. I'll update my last post so it doesn't confuse anyone.

I apologize if this counts as a double post but I think I should have asked my question in this thread.

Trying to dump otenami haiken FINAL - looking through this tread is it seems that I cant just cant any copy tool and need to use this tool in linux instead?

https://github.com/Alex-Kw/gnet-imager/blob/master/gnetflash

https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...tenami-haiken-final-hdd-raw-copy-error.27937/
You don't need to use the Linux tool (it is mine). It defaults to /dev/sdb so the 2nd physical disk gets written. I have been meaning to add safety checks to ensure its a CF card and not your hdd, but that aside, The end result is same as running DD yourself or using any other raw disk imaging program.

Back