What's new

majorspawn

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have a cbox MVS supergun, runs great with external atomiswave, MVS and igs pgm. Today i tried to connect cave esparade Jamma PCB and I can't get a picture out of the PCB when using rgbs via scart to ossc to HDMI. It doesn't like the signal. I had no issues with the same configuration when using said atomiswave or pgm etc. Any ideas?
The sync frequency is odd on this PCB as pictured.
I tried a PC monitor and 2 TVs same issue. The picture however does work directly from supergun to tv via composite video only. it also works fine when connected in a jamma arcade cabinet.

Attachments

• 20220412_190302.jpg
    20220412_190302.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 20220412_190809.jpg
    20220412_190809.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 20220412_190812.jpg
    20220412_190812.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
I had a similar issue getting wolf unit games working with a GBS going to an LCD. It just worked going from supergun to the TV over composite, but it gave me issues going through the scaler. I think this makes sense as the SuperGun probably converts the image totally while the OSSC just scales it. I only bring this up because Midway games have a weird refresh, too. I just played with the H and V position settings until it worked. Adjusting these made my picture go from "out of range" to out of sync to rolling to good enough. The OSSC probably has more fine tuning options than the GBS. Maybe this means you can get the picture perfect, but more dials also means more things to dial in. :)

Overall, I think this is largely dependent on your display though. It just might not be able to use the refresh frequency/resolution like your arcade monitor can.

Hello

15khz is not suported by all tv, like specific resolution (260p ?)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_display_resolution

Midway boards : 400x254

On my side, for midway boards only DVDO VP50 permit to « overrate » sync to 60hz instead of original rate and correct picture size not supported by my Samsung TVs..

Pcb -> jamma sync fix stabiliser pcb (midway/taito f3) -> DVDO -> TV

I’m not sure about cave PCB

Last edited:
Back