What's new

GohanX

Beginner
Reaction score
After messing with and repairing a couple of CMVS's I had on hand I decided to build the CMVS I've always wanted, one based on a MV2F which has always been my favorite Neo Geo board. I started to build one 10 years ago but I also bought a house and instead of completing the project I gave the parts to a friend. So now I'm back at it.

2_Slot_Top.jpg
2_Slot_Back.jpg

I wanted it to be pretty basic and clean. I sanded and painted the cover, put a Neo home system compatible RGB jack and a power jack on the back. I don't find putting encoders in these things to be particularly useful anymore. Electronically, I recapped it, put in a Unibios, and a battery and 5v mods. The video right now is just RGBS lines run through resistors, I was waiting on OSH Park to deliver the PCBs for the video, I'm going to put one of SVM's boards in it. It's all wrapped up in one of Lions3's acrylic kits, which makes the thing solid as a tank.

I love this thing. As a neat stupid trick, it seems to work well leaving a multicart in slot 1 and swapping slot 2 to be whatever individual game I want to play. Also the sound is AMAZING, easily the best of any of my cart Neos. I was not expecting that since I didn't do anything in particular to the audio outside of the recap. I kinda still have the itch to build another CMVS, but I have three now that are all working fine.

Back