What's new
New Challengers (SSF2) and Grand Master Challenge (SSF2X) are completely different games in design and execution, aside from the speed differences. I know the "turbo" comment was likely made tongue in cheek but I wanted to point that out clearly. Whatever your preference is between these games, that should be what you want to go with.

I have actually seen at least one hack of SSF2 - it's available in MiSTer via update_all script and I didn't even know such a thing existed until I stumbled on it there. Not sure what this hack does aside from messing around with special move properties (fireball speeds, tracking properties, etc). Doesn't seem to change the game speed so maybe that hasn't been figured out yet? Hopefully someone else has or it will be done soon bc I do like this game as an alternative to standard SSF2X. It's just way too slow for my liking.

20220721_095331.jpg
1658434663188.png

Finally someone who understood me Yippee. :thumbsup:
Whenever I talked about the possibility of a patch to be able to increase the speed of the SSFII, we talked about going to 2X.

Yes 2X in Tournament Battle was part of my big dream in arcade, but SSFII: The New Challengers also deserves a small automatic turbo, to appreciate it at its true value.

I feel like I played a 50HZ version :D

Thanks gang, this is good advice. I'll get my regular crew to log some hours on both games with me!

The question I've always asked myself Why is Capcom downgrading their Speed level version ?(

Street Fighter II: The Sneil Warrior :D a Street Fighter II' Hyper Fighting :thumbup: then to Super Street Fighter II: The New Sneil Challengers :whistling:MDR:D

To Finally make a 2 X level speed, ?(

I think on the Super Famicom version of Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers, they put the turbo mode with the stars so that players don't kick CAPCOM's ass and sulk sales , to rectify the shooting of the CPS2 version level speed :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back