What's new

darkairplane

Student
Reaction score
I never noticed it until today but I have a dead pixel/phosphor on my CRT. Is this the Cps3 or my monitor or some magnetic interference(I moved it to another room)?
7FA8341B-BD26-4373-9B62-1FD24029751A.jpeg

first thing to do is try another game board to see if its still there. that will confirm if its your CPS3 or the monitor.

also try adjusting the V or H position and see if the dot moves. that will rule out the tube.

It’s the monitor. I connected another game to it and it still shows. What are my options? Cap kit? New tube? New chassis?
C58432E6-142A-4B65-9FBC-7B03C3B66D4E.jpeg

It’s the monitor. I connected another game to it and it still shows. What are my options? Cap kit? New tube? New chassis?
did you follow up my 2nd suggestion?
also try adjusting the V or H position and see if the dot moves. that will rule out the tube.
That will narrow down the answer to your question.

I think there's some debris in the shadow mask. That's my guess. Unless you want to try to dislodge it by smacking on the tube, I think you'll have to live with it.

EDIT: I guess it's also possible the shadow mask was faulty from the factory.

Last edited:
did you follow up my 2nd suggestion?

That will narrow down the answer to your question.
Ok I changed the vertical position and the dead spot stayed there. I removed the glass and unfortunately it was not just a piece of dust. Any ideas? Just have to live with it?

Last edited:
Ok I changed the vertical position and the dead spot stayed there. I removed the glass and unfortunately it was not just a piece of dust. Any ideas? Just have to live with it?
based on this, it's your tube, most likely what nem was stating above. AFAIK nothing you can really do about it.

Back