What's new

jim197

Student
Reaction score
Sorry folks, I’ve looked around for info on this and I’ve seen a whole bunch of conflicting information but absolutely nothing that fits my particular use case.

I’ve got two Naomi Motherboards that were both functioning and running games, both have stopped booting today with Error 22, but the only games I have a cartridge and as such I don’t use either a net or cd rom Dimm.

I’m kind of at a loss for where to start on this. I’m sorry if this has been asked a hundred times but has anyone any ideas?

Error 22 is usually caused by not having a game dimm or netdimm inserted properly. You might not have pushed down hard enough or your Naomi case maybe warped.
Are you screwing your games in?

Well if I’m honest I hadn’t been so I’ve just ordered some 30mm M3 screws that should do the job but it seems really infrequent, I managed to get one board working today, after reinserting the cart multiple times - I’m going to try and clean all the pins in case that’s the issue, although I’m just confused as to why it would have worked on the previous day and then stop the next when nothing has changed?

I cleaned the connectors on my naomi2 and the cart and the error 22 went away

I thought it was a loose cart as well but I got the error with the screws on there.
Sometimes it's dirty contacts too. Try that with compressed air.

I spent half an hour earlier cleaning the contacts of both the cart and the main board.
I used compressed air, cleaned everything with deoxit and still nothing.
The game shows up in the menu as the correct title and region, but error 22 every-time I try and load.
Weirdly I’ve tried a different game with both motherboards and it both boot that game, just not CVS.
I’ve taken the cart apart and can’t see any immediate faults, no obviously burned components.
It couldn’t be the battery could it?

Back