What's new

caldenza

Beginner
Reaction score
hiya, i go by caldenza on the internet thing, most people call me cal.

i have a collection of 40+ machines at the time of writing with a focus on machines from the late 90s and past, usually rhythm game related while working to branch out. been meaning to join and contribute to AP for a hot minute now but have been incredibly short on spare time. i try to keep an open door on questions with what i work on and can be found on a few social platforms.

i hope your night goes wonderfully, thank you for reading.
:)

Welcome! 40 machines is impressive, anything rare or prized possession?

a lot of the machines were obtained on the cheap or were salvage grabs, been collecting since a bit before 2018 and started with a time crisis 1 that ironically enough has been one of the least worked on projects ;;

too many projects, not enough time! mostly trying to clear the junk horde and wonder how the hell i got to this point >.>

Hello Cal and welcome, 40 machines is a lot, congratulations on an outstanding collection, You've come to the right place

40 machines only? you're on the right track. Welcome to a great place.

40 machines only? you're on the right track. Welcome to a great place.
thank you!! i realized that when i made the account i had put in my bio that it was a "small collection", after looking at it with a less tired set of eyes that might be an understatement >.>
if anything, i hope that i can continue on a path to acquire repair and breathe new life into many more into the future-

anything rare or prized possession?
i missed the "rare or prized possession" part of this!! a few of my proverbial "grails" would be my beatmania mini. i adore the hell out of that tiny thing and am eternally put off guard on how small and cute it is compared to the normal fullsize.

another rare game that i have been too committed into to quit is an EZ2DJ machine. this thing is a korean MDF dream and one barely holding together at that. i hope one day it can reach it's full glory but for now it's on the backburner since it isn't falling part "immediately", ha.

my eternal work in progress however that i've been extensively attempting to research and slowly going mad in the process is an original SuperSession GDK link setup of Guitarfreaks, Drummania, and Keyboardmania. This has been a rabbit hole I never expected to get as deep into as i did as two of the cabinets were either cheap or fraction of the cost projects that slowly fell into my lap-

i have a photo attached of all three cabinets in as close to full glory as i have been able to get them, even as there is still missing functionality all over the place not immediately apparent-
sadly it seems the upload size limit is understandably small, i attached a link to the fullsize image on discord, sorry for the future link rot in advance :(

fullsize image (https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/998955493286477904/1210620476431405116/image.png?ex=65eb392d&is=65d8c42d&hm=087c73aa3d5dc7b2cf06baf27f112a613cfce69447042b2c1d54255d7d1574c9&)

Attachments

• supersessiongdk.png
    supersessiongdk.png
    715 KB · Views: 37
You mean this one ? :)
IMG_1018.jpg
core remix!! really good version. played through it awhile ago on my cab and had a wonderful time with the mix of classic charts and full remixes. very neat one.
that marquee is PRETTY, too. love it.

Back