What's new

KingRolo

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi, thank you for approving my registration. I grew up in the 80s/90s and my brother and I would spend countless hours in the local (and seaside) arcades - anything competitive would definitely get our attention, so 1v1 fighting games were always a big favourite. When I was younger I was always in awe of the Neo Geo, and dreamed of owning one. Now I thought it would be a good opportunity to make that dream into a reality - so dipping my toes in to this forum and initially have a keen interest in an AES or consolized MVS device.

Oh, and Merry Christmas!

Welcome in! Where abouts in London?

What were the games of choice (Southend, I’m guessing??)

I highly recommend MVS over AES, simply due to the price of games.

Consolised is good, but it’s certainly easier to find a one slot JAMMA main board and a supergun. It ‘can’ be cheaper to do this too, depending on your supergun choice.

Im sure you’re already thinking about this, but you need to consider whether you want to output to a CRT or more modern screen and if the latter do you want/need a scaler…

This is a super friendly place, so ask loads of questions if you need to and there will always be people happy to help.

Hello and welcome to AP and merry Christmas to you too! I'm sure you'll love it here as much as we do. Despite living on the far side of the world I've always been fascinated by the history and romance of the English seaside arcade - that line from The Who "from Soho down to Brighton" gets me every time.

So many great options for NeoGeo and so many great games on the platform, I'm sure you'll discover as you explore the site but check out the 161-in-one thread.

Welcome !
I cant forget that days too when i and my brother and other guys like us enjoyed with KOF ‘94 and other titles 🤌🏻

Back