What's new

plasticfactory

Grand Master
Reaction score
I found a Seattle board in my stash that has no hard drive. I've searched for every identifying marker on the board but nothing brings up a specific game. Anyone know how to ID one from the board, or will I have to check data on U95? I'm also missing U96, U33, and U32.

U95 will not help, they are all the same, it's the sound driver. So what you literally have is a blank board that needs the security chip, the program rom and the hdd.

Well then. Thanks! I'm reading through an old conversion thread now, and it seems I can basically convert this to whatever, if I have the security chip. Do you know of anyone still selling them?

I've never changed games but you might be able to narrow down what it could have been by the CPU speed dipswitches. I've never swapped games between those so I really don't know for absolute certain what's involved. if I'm not mistaken if you buy a CF kit for something from Arcade Services they can make the boot (?) and security chips for it too.

Which one do you want?

Honestly, if the conversions can be as easy as swapping PICs and HDDs (give or take a couple steps) then I'd like all of them, lol. But, the following are what I would specifically want to be able to play:

- MACE
- Bio Freaks
- Blitz 2000

And if I understand correctly, Vegas hardware is compatible? I may be totally wrong, but if that's the case would also be looking for Gauntlet Dark Legacy.

Vegas is it’s own thing entirely, though you can swap between games on that platform too. It’s a little more complicated since the video card also matters.

Seattle only need rom (boot/sound), keychip, and hdd/cf swaps. Mace took a faster cpu if you really want it to run as original, but that’s also socketed I believe. Carnevil needs a separate gun I/O, probably the driving stuff too but I haven’t done those. Also biofreaks in mame is an early version and not very good. I think galloping ghost has a more complete revision, if you played it there, but it’s not public I don’t think.

Honestly, if the conversions can be as easy as swapping PICs and HDDs (give or take a couple steps) then I'd like all of them, lol. But, the following are what I would specifically want to be able to play:

- MACE
- Bio Freaks
- Blitz 2000

And if I understand correctly, Vegas hardware is compatible? I may be totally wrong, but if that's the case would also be looking for Gauntlet Dark Legacy.
I have a Mace security chip. You have to see if the CPU you have on the board is the faster 200 mhz one. You have to take off that small heatsink on the chip and it will say the speed.

@CoolFox I finally got around to checking this, unfortunately it's a 150mhz processor. It looks like I can get the 200mhz off Ebay for about $40. Any interest in selling the PIC?

Back