What's new

pixelvsprintdot

Student
Reaction score
Hi all,

I wanted to see if anyone has found or come up with a solid case/box option for superguns? with all the parts and wires it can be a hot mess of a setup, has anyone come across a nice solution?

Including a photo of mine on one of my work tables. Normally I don't have such a mess but I'm redoing my office and everything is a hot mess right now.

Attachments

• IMG_8813.jpg
    IMG_8813.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 66
What about using a cable management box? You can find them at Ikea, office supply stores, Amazon, etc. Try to stuff the psu and supergun in it. Run controls out one side with power, video , and jamma out another side.

C0AA3BF3-E85E-451D-B1D3-83C7481E97ED.jpeg

hmmmm
What about using a cable management box? You can find them at Ikea, office supply stores, Amazon, etc. Try to stuff the psu and supergun in it. Run controls out one side with power, video , and jamma out another side.

C0AA3BF3-E85E-451D-B1D3-83C7481E97ED.jpeg
that might work if i can find one that will fit all the stuff in it , i was kind of hoping to have something with a bit bigger foot print then a CPS2 board so i could mount it to the lid .. hhhmmmmmm

If your focus is CPS2, it might be worth looking into consolizing an A board rather than dealing with the combined bulk of a CPS2 and supergun.

Undamned used to make a kit for this a really long time ago (10 years?), but maybe there are some other solutions that have since popped up (not sure... I haven't done much research on this myself). I played on eltrouble+killermiller's UD-CPS2 setups recently, and I thought that was a pretty elegant solution.

UD-CPS2 is unobtainanium now and it was always a pretty specific use case from the start, given the intended input and output options. Maybe not even the most optimal or useful solution these days given i haven't used it in a while as I perfer to play more on cabinets and MiSTer setups lately. But I do still love mine and it's never leaving me if only for sentimental reasons and as a piece of history.

I like the cable management box idea. Something like that or even closer to how MAS used to produce their own supergun cases might be the way. We have good options now for superguns, may as well build on it for enhanced presentation and usability.

Last edited:
Back