Vogan

Student
Reaction score
JVC DT-V1710CG

Low Operating Hours : 2900 hours
Very good geometry and convergence.
800 lines
Multisync up to 720p / 1080i

Condition is very good besides that the anti-glare coating is damaged as You can see on the picture attached.

Honestly I thought they would bother Me, but I can only see it when the monitor is turned off, or if there is direct sunlight emitting on to the screen.
When the screen is on and with just normal daylight I can barely see it.
If it’s a bit darker in the room it is not visible at all.

There is a very good video series from „RetroWorkshop“ on YouTube, explaining how to replace the coating with a new film.

700€

Attachments

• IMG_4766.jpeg
    IMG_4766.jpeg
    167.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4752.jpeg
    IMG_4752.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4734.jpeg
    IMG_4734.jpeg
    171.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4733.jpeg
    IMG_4733.jpeg
    182.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4732.jpeg
    IMG_4732.jpeg
    97.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4726.jpeg
    IMG_4726.jpeg
    256.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4720.jpeg
    IMG_4720.jpeg
    395.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4723.jpeg
    IMG_4723.jpeg
    375.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4684.jpeg
    IMG_4684.jpeg
    285.3 KB · Views: 41
This is another great one, BVM equivalent it looks incredible, and it has very low hours. Not sure about the market over there, but here in the states, I think the price is great for this monitor.

Yes - the JVC DT-V line of monitors were a direct competitor, and a less expensive one, of the more expensive „modern“ BVMs.

It doesn’t have the hundred of settings you can do, but I personally do not care - as You usually don’t need them.
The DT-Vs are one of the latest CRTs that have been produced, together with the BVM D/A-Series (until around 2007 I guess).
I have already owned quite a number of DT-Vs and D24s and all of them had stunning geometry, convergence, ultra sharp screen and so on.
In other words, I haven’t seen one with a bad geometry or bad screen in general.

Even against the Sony BVM D24s I personally preferred the JVC DT-V.
One reason is the anti glare coat, but you could probably attach a similar film also on a D24 to make it look like a FW900 (which has the same tube).
Also I like the aesthetics more and they are not as depth as the BVMs.
So it is perfect as a desk monitor.

Agreed. And I forgot to mention you also got the original if-c01comg rbg card which just adds value to this sale. The anti-glare coat isnt really that bad, I've had monitors in the past that had the same problem, and I found myself not noticing it while playing. Even less noticeable than burn in. But there are solutions for that if someone is worried about it.

Bottom line, this monitor is great, and price is amazing if it was being sold in the states.

Back