What's new

rxven

Beginner
Reaction score
hello all,

does anyone know what the difference are for the VS PCBS? do they all work with fast io? does it even matter if its fast or jvs io? it seems like its just a VGA and audio splitter. If i have a GPU with dual display, can i just use both ports?

thank you in advance.

You only need one link board in the host cabinet. You'd run female JVS (usb), VGA, and audio from that into the slave cabinet. Think of them as if they're mimicking a game board.

The link boards don't have any provision for the Fast IO, just JVS. And really, the USB connections are a straight passthrough, so they don't "do" anything either. The audio splitter is a useful but unnecessary feature when you could really just use a Y splitter. The only real useful portion is the VGA splitter/amp. It's nice if you're playing something that only outputs VGA, but I would rather play that stuff on a CRT cabinet. Most newer hardware can handle just using two video card outputs, and you should be using dvi/hdmi/dp outputs for better signal quality anyway.

Basically it's perfect for what its for, VGA only JVS link games. I just never use my Vewlixes for that. I use the audio splitter and USB pass through for a brook board, but only because my cabinet came with it.

I don't think there's a significant difference between the model numbers, they just look like revisions.

Back