What's new

PlatynumX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(I'll add pics later I'm at work)
I've tried for a while to find a working type 3 and the closest I found was one that had GPU damage that I finished off shortly after powering it up. I've noticed lately there's a bunch of type 1s coming up for sale out of china.i bought one in hopes to convert it to a type 3.

What you'll need:
Working type 1 motherboard/video board("lower stack")
Phillips screw driver
Type 3 media board in it's housing
Type 3 top cover
Screws for the type 3 media board and top cover

Step 1. Remove the 4 screws from the case corners on top of the type 1 media board. Next on the sides locate the 6(iirc) screws that screw into tabs that come down from the media board. Sit these aside as you will need them to secure the type 3 media board if you choose.

Step 2. Grab under the lip in the dimm area and gently pull up on both sides. There's a connecter in there we're trying not to damage. If it doesn't come out recheck if you missed a screw in the side tab areas.

Step 3. Grab your type 3 media board and align the underside connector to the connector coming up out of the lower half of your chihiro. The side tabs should also be in place to slide down into the lower casing.Gently press down until the upper and lower casings are flush against each other.
If you're reusing the side tab screws go ahead and screw them in now.
Step 4.put the type 3 top cover on.grab the longer screws from a dead type 3 and insert into the 4 corners at the top.
Step 5. Power on and profit. In my case I was greeted by an error 52 message. The ram in this media board has went bad since I last messed with it. You should get error 31 this game is not acceptable for the main board or error 24 no gdrom found ,depending on your jumper configuration.I played around in the test menu and ran all tests I could. Everything works and tested good except for the ram. So this will indeed be a type 3 when I get some new ram sticks for it.

Hopefully other people find this useful.

✌️
Edit: added omitted info. Will get to adding photos soon ish. Work life has been terrible.

Last edited:
hi,
can you give news about it ? it works.
ram was dead since you have made something ?
i want to test my chihiro type 1 which is displaying a freezed image .
i ve got a working chihiro type 3 and i like to put elements from type 3 in type 1 and to know if also i can put type 1 elements in type 3 motherboard without any impacts.
Thx

Attachments

• chihiro pb.jpg
    chihiro pb.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 23
hi,
can you give news about it ? it works.
ram was dead since you have made something ?
i want to test my chihiro type 1 which is displaying a freezed image .
i ve got a working chihiro type 3 and i like to put elements from type 3 in type 1 and to know if also i can put type 1 elements in type 3 motherboard without any impacts.
Thx
I responded to your thread.

Back