What's new

Sirgubster9

Beginner
Reaction score
Guys trying to get into my mario kart to replace the force feedback belt? Anyone know which belt will work on this by the way? Typed in part number on google and no luck. But my main question is how does one get into the dash!? On manual it just shows it lifting off but in real life the dash goes completely around the steering wheel so even when the steering wheel is removed the dash still wont come off... thoughts?

Attachments

• mario.png
    mario.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 20231116_195246.jpg
    20231116_195246.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 20231116_195252.jpg
    20231116_195252.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 38
You'll have to take out the wheel and slide it out.

Also, there is no belt. It's direct drive.

Is that really what a US cab looks like? Looks cheap AF.

You'll have to take out the wheel and slide it out.

Also, there is no belt. It's direct drive.

Is that really what a US cab looks like? Looks cheap AF.
even when i remove the steering wheel the column has a spot for the wheel to mount to which is still too wide to remove the shaft. sorry my pictures didnt capture that mounting plate which is basically welded to the column.

There is a belt that is wrapped around the force feedback motor to the steering wheel column yes. I was curious what the size of that belt was.

I think its a standard us cabinet, no idea, but looks just like the pics i found online.

Attachments

• HpVtDF4W.jpg
    HpVtDF4W.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20231117_112529_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg
    Screenshot_20231117_112529_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 31
A-ha, I was wrong then. The Japanese cab is direct drive.

mario_kart_japanese_steering_wheel_assembly.jpg

sorry my pictures didnt capture that mounting plate which is basically welded to the column.

I thought it would be mounted with a nut.

I'm probably not the best person to give out help then, I only have a pair of Japanese Mario Kart cabs. I'm surprised how wildly different the US cab is from them!

A-ha, I was wrong then. The Japanese cab is direct drive.

mario_kart_japanese_steering_wheel_assembly.jpg

I'm probably not the best person to give out help then, I only have a pair of Japanese Mario Kart cabs. I'm surprised how wildly different the US cab is from them!
im as shocked as you are ha ha.

It's supposed to be mounted with a nut!

mario_kart_us_steering_wheel_assembly.jpg

Is yours really welded?

On the Midway cabs I have, the whole control panel comes off. Is that an option? EDIT: nevermind, doesn't look like it.

It's supposed to be mounted with a nut!

mario_kart_us_steering_wheel_assembly.jpg

Is yours really welded?

On the Midway cabs I have, the whole control panel comes off. Is that an option? EDIT: nevermind, doesn't look like it.
I dont believe that nut exists, but maybe, just maybe I totally missed it when I took off the steering wheel last time. It was relatively dark and late at night. Im going to try and see what i can do tonight and report back here with better pictures and answers. thanks.

i am dumb and there is a bolt, just way the heck in there. thanks for the help guys

Attachments

• 20231118_115359.jpg
    20231118_115359.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 27
Back