What's new
I need this! Currently using an SD2IEC but the Pi solution seems much better, and less expensive than some of the other solutions.

There's a few people selling a kit on eBay or the bare PCB. The same design that @deibit has here

I think I'll order a kit (they don't come with the OLED but they'll be easy enough to get cheaply)

you dont really need the display, you can connect a hdmi display to the pi, and you will get full screen control (like in my picture) or a small hdmi 7" pi display.. or just use the menu from the c64 like with sd2iec

Oh you can use a menu on the C64? Cool

I think I'd install the OLED screen just because having the empty through holes and space for it would annoy me :P

So without a separate HDMI display or onboard OLED display, one can still navigate files via the C64 itself?

Guessing you just load a file from the C64 which invokes a browser of some form?

How much should they cost? I'm seeing assembled units with OLED for $55 AU. Seems to be a few different PCB designs too, not sure which is best?

I guess they're all based off the same design so they're all going to be the same with different placement on the PCB?

So without a separate HDMI display or onboard OLED display, one can still navigate files via the C64 itself?

Guessing you just load a file from the C64 which invokes a browser of some form?
yes.. you can define that fb64 (the menu) loads in the emulated drive everytime you reset the C64. You can then fire it by LOAD"*",8,1 or by Commodore+RUN/STOP if you use a fastloader (I use the Epyx Reloaded one".

I would asume that all PI1541 versions are the basically the same, what I would recommend is to get a PI1541 version with buzzer, it helps to know if "something is happening" :)

Last edited:
Back