What's new

ScHlAuChi

Beginner
Reaction score
Introduction:
A few months ago I bought a Naomi Universal EU cab that had an already modded 6 button panel with two GP2040s ready to connect to a Raspberry Pi/PC.
So I got myself a Pi5 and installed Recalbox on it. Unfortunately the Naomi doesnt have any credit buttons, so at first I wanted to buy one of the kits that someone on here offers.
But as it turns out that Coin Reject Kit is only compatible with the JP Naomi models - so I had to come up with a solution myself!

The Solution:
I started by getting myself a second Naomi coin reject button that www.arcadeinvaders.com offered online.
Then I measured everything relevant and designed a model in FreeCAD that I can send anyone who wants it:
1.jpg
The next step was to get the model realized.
As I didnt know anyone who could 3D print, I asked an acquaintance of mine who works with metals to do it.
The result can be seen below, with the 2 switches already glued in via double sided tape:
2.jpg
Unfortunately due to the double sided tape being so thick, the switches ended up being too close to the screw tips and were constantly pressed down.
So better use less thick tape and it should fit perfectly! But as I didnt want to redo the finnicky work of getting the switches to the correct positions again, I just used the eject screw washers on top:
3.jpg
Now there was enough space between the tip and the switch.
5.jpg
All that was left to do is connect the Switches to the GP2040s, as can be seen here:
4.jpg
And thats it - feel free to copy this solution for your own Naomi cab :)

Last edited:
Back