What's new
Mark your items as sold
J

jassin000

Left: Stock original, used condition, some wear see close-up here.

Right: Modified, buttons replaced with Sanwa 24mm snap-ins, joystick rebuilt with Seimitsu LS-56 parts, some wear see close-up here.

IMG_20151102_173429.jpg

Left: 40$ Paypal (gift) shipping included* Sold 40$ Thank you!
Right: 65$ Paypal (gift) shipping included* Sold 65$ Thank you!

All shipping via USPS to any ZIP continental USA only (sorry NO international).

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you share some more details about the ls56 rebuild? I have one AES stick missing a spring (IMPOSSIBLE to find), and even swapping in another stick's spring, I'm not happy with the action on that one. Rebuilding it sounds like a good way to resuscitate it...

Rebuilding it sounds like a good way to resuscitate it
It was the best method I could think of, as changing out the stick would require drilling holes in the case.
For classic/collectable things I refused to drill up cases.

The spring on the 56 is really really close, but IMO it's still a little weaker/softer action than a real/stock/virgin AES stick. I have no idea where/how to get a 100% match, I also reused/replaced the 4 microswitches and the (cracked) balltop.

Despite a little softer feel the stick was controlling perfectly before I sold it. Crouch walking in Metal Slug for example was a breeze with the new microswitches. Before replacing it was very hard to pull this off, normally only ducking (likely because forward's switch was too worn down to make good/steady contact).

For classic/collectable things I refused to drill up cases.

The spring on the 56 is really really close, but IMO it's still a little weaker/softer action than a real/stock/virgin AES stick. I have no idea where/how to get a 100% match, I also reused/replaced the 4 microswitches and the (cracked) balltop.
I absolutely agree, not interested in having bolt heads poking through the top of my AES sticks.

So the only parts that were replaced were the microswitches and the spring? I think last time I looked at mine it was the microswitches I was going to replace, I believe the rest is in decent condition, so that might be a way to go.

Also, the LS56 spring actually fits the AES stick? I couldn't find anything anywhere near small enough, even after asking focus attack to measure their springs. I ordered an LS55 spring but that was way too big. It's hard to know when sites don't provide dimensions!

Yup its bigger around, but you can get it to rest above the actuator without slipping below (it will have some play left/right but still provide tension).

That AES stick shaft is very thin, I've never seen another like it...
Also the stock balltop is smaller then a normal Sanwa/Seimitsu 35mm, you can see the size difference in my comparison shot above.

Use caution when ordering a LS-56 as it comes in two types...

Capture1.PNG

BAD: Type LS-56-01 (5-pin Sanwa style connection)
Capture2.PNG

Good: Type LS-56 (0.187 classic style connection)

*Price drop on original stick*

Last edited by a moderator:
I received the modded AES stick today. It feels incredible and I'm very happy with it. Thanks Jassin!

Glad you're enjoying it!

I replaced the rubber grip feet also, I guess you figured that out by now tho. :D

*Update All Sold*

Back