What's new

Odwalla

Student
Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm working on restoring two Chewlixes that I've snagged, both presently have gaping holes where the card readers belong.
These things are great as cheap JAMMA/MAME cabs but they definitely don't deserve OEM readers.
I'm pretty confident in CAD so if anyone is super cool enough to slide me some measurements of their readers I'd be super appreciative and share the file for anyone else.
I'd just need the length, width, height, depth of the chamfer, and the insets between the chamfer and the reader.

I'm still a little up in the air on whether this is something that'd be a wireless charger like I've seen most people convert these to, part of me was thinking that I could stuff a trackpad in there with a nesica decal on it since frontend snags sometimes demand a mouse jiggle. If anyone else has any interesting use-case suggestions just let me know, I'm all in, I've hit a snag in my current project and I have a week or two to kill.

Hey, I have two from a vewlix and calipers I could use to measure this for you when I have some time.

My use case I am aiming to print something to set up a RFID card reader for Mister. The idea is to use an arduino nano, a small OLED screen, and a card reader to let me switch games without using the menu, just a stack of cards with game art printed on them.

Even if you don't want to do that, printing something that goes with the same mounting holes the original card reader comes in is probably something we both need?
You mentioned you have chewlixes, do those have card areas that match the official nesica ones 1:1 or is there a chance they are different?

Back