What's new

notsonic

Champion
Reaction score
I just rebuilt the battery in one of my net dimms with new 18650s like in this thread: https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/finding-a-suitable-dimm-battery-replacement.8654/

I net booted a game, turned it off, turned it on, and it worked fine. It only had to do the crc check rather than the full game load. Perfect. I ran the game for a few hours to be sure the battery was charged and turned it off for the night. I turned it on this morning, and now it boots straight to Error 01. It's the plain Naomi logo too, not the Network System, like it's not even trying to net boot. The dimm is not recognized in the bios.

If I unplug the battery it works fine. If I plug in another dead battery it also works fine. Any ideas?

I decided to check my voltages and there's a huge sag on 5v when the battery needs to be charged. I raised it and it's booting with the battery plugged in again.

This makes me wonder how many people's Naomi power problems are from the battery trying to charge and would be easily fixed by just removing it instead of hunting down different PSUs.

Back