What's new

Nuigi

Beginner
Reaction score
I’m looking for a little direction/recommendations about sound from my Atomiswave.

Currently, I don’t hear any music from my machine, but voice samples are loud and clear. I also hear SFX, but they are quiet. There are currently 2 speakers wired in series to the Mono sound of the JAMMA edge connector. According to the Atomiswave Instruction Manual, Stereo Sound can be achieved via several pins of the CN3 speaker output which is part of the board. There is also a volume dial on the board, so there must be a stock sound amplifier built-in. I’ve already ordered the necessary JST PHDR-10VR female solderless connector which is required for CN3. I’m hoping that all sound (including music) will be heard from these Stereo outputs. I will be disconnecting the Mono sound before testing the stereo outputs.

As this is my first Arcade Cabinet, I have a couple questions before making modifications:

1) What speaker specifications do I need to consider? Specifically, Wattage and Impedence (Ohms). I will only be wiring 1 speaker per channel.

2) What gauge of wire is recommended for speaker connections on an Atomiswave?

3) Future plans. I’d like to install a sub-woofer under the seat. I realize this would require a low frequency Amplifier and then there’s the trouble of line out vs amplified sound from the main board. Maybe there’s a kit for this?

I never tested in mono but this is how it sounds in stereo:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCnfltw1b6o

Also pinout connector from the cabinet wiring diagram!

As for the wiring... i MAY have a original speaker loom in my spares stash!

Another thing for this machine, the faster than speed CABINET can change to maximum speed with just a cart swap.
Maximum speed cabinet lacks the turbo button so harder work to change game.

I hope to make an interface for these machines for other jamma driving PCB's however the motor board is undocumented and would need to be set to some kind of neutral position instead of the usual springs in the older games. Without any centralization it would be like driving a forklift or something spinning rapidly back and forth

Attachments

• IMAG0121[1].jpg
    IMAG0121[1].jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 95
Thanks so much for the wiring diagram! Gotta say. My first day on this site and already impressed with the responses and knowledge.

Back