What's new

Tsunoni

Student
Reaction score
I plugged in a JAMMA board into my MVS cabinet and there was a pop which sounded like a capacitor exploding and it smelled like burnt plastic. I think I heard it from the top of the 4 slot cabinet where the speakers are but it wasnt an audio sound from the speakers. i heard that JAMMA board can overload an audio circuit but I was hoping someone here would know better about that. I am not sure if the sound is messed up at all but it may be a bit quieter on one side.

I looked behind the marquee and didnt really see anything burnt or dirty/smokey.

If anyone knows about this sort of thing or experienced this how would you go about troubleshooting/repairing?

Start by checking the audio section on the jamma board... That is where things are most likely to be damaged i guess?

MV4 has Stereo output, Jamma doesn't do stereo by default, you need an adapter or you might blow your audio amp stage.

MV4 has Stereo output, Jamma doesn't do stereo by default, you need an adapter or you might blow your audio amp stage.
Is this audio amp stage on the mvs system board or a board up next to the speakers in the cabinet?

the MVS has an Audio amp part, close to where potis for the speakers and headphones are

My 6 slot has scratchy audio and it seems like the right speaker has no audio on at least one game. I want to say I plugged in a JAMMA harness backwards once or twice and powered it on and that damaged the audio circuit or YAMAHA sound chip. Does anyone know if these should be the audio capacitors or if I should replace a couple of them?

Attachments

• 20231108_103022.jpg
    20231108_103022.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 20231108_103027.jpg
    20231108_103027.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 47
Back