What's new

CoolFox

Grand Master
Reaction score
Finally made a Primal Rage 2 cabinet. Primal Rage 2 was going to use a Killer Instinct / Skins / War etc type cabinet with a Killer Instinct panel. A friend donated a Skins cabinet, so I have somewhere to start. This will probably be a little slow mainly due to the difficulty of securing high quality art.

Items that I have/done so far:

*Correct Killer Instinct control panel
*Repaired the main Primal Rage 2 board, recapped both boards, switched the HDD to a solid state Disk on Module
*Correct color buttons/joysticks
*Recapped power supply
*Working monitor with a recapped chassis
*Took off all the Skins/War art
*Replaced speakers

Things to do:

*Secure Primal Rage 2 art (oh boy) *DONE NOW*
*Wire up everything *DONE NOW*
*Buy a plastic cover for the panel *DONE NOW*

This has been a project 5 years in the making. Mostly cause of the side art. I took low res picture of the side art, had it enhanced and touched out by a friend/out sourced it. (No Thanks to Atari Scott who ignored my pleas to take pictures of his cab, hell he even has original art scans).

tn_work.jpgtn_4.jpgtn_2.jpgtn_1.jpgPhoto Feb 20 2023, 4 21 23 PM.jpgPhoto Feb 20 2023, 4 21 13 PM.jpgPhoto Feb 20 2023, 4 40 03 PM.jpg

Attachments

• tn_3.jpg
    tn_3.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 164
This looks great, I'm not sure why this didn't get more traction here. Is that an original Primal Rage 2 board? Where did you get it? I'm really unfamiliar with the PR2 hardware.

This looks great, I'm not sure why this didn't get more traction here. Is that an original Primal Rage 2 board? Where did you get it? I'm really unfamiliar with the PR2 hardware.

Yeah it's a real one. It's a development board version of it (same version as what's out there). Key difference between the regular Primal Rage 2 board and the dev board version is the Dev board has a sub board on back that allows you to debug it. Also you can change the Bios whenever you want cause it's a simple 27c040 instead of that SOP44 nonsense on the main board. Primal Rage 2 hardware is on the ZN1 hardware. I got it years ago when someone listed it on ebay as "Playstation Arcade" (Cause that's what it says on the back). I guess he didn't know what it was at the time.

Absolutely crazy. I gotta know -- what'd you pay for it? Do you know how many dev boards exist?

Absolutely crazy. I gotta know -- what'd you pay for it? Do you know how many dev boards exist?

Uh, I think I paid around $200? So far I haven't seen another one. I've seen a few of the regular primal rage 2 boards, just not another dev kit.

Back