What's new

Lemony Vengeance

Champion
Reaction score
So, I've had a suicided CPS2 Black version of SFZ3 for the past 10 or so years that has needed repair. have managed to revive it using the avalaunch roms and artemeo's CPS2Black tool, but issues remain and I'm not sure if it's an issue with one of the IC's on the PCB itself, or just a mask rom that needs to be replaced.

The issue with that is, this game has 64 mb mask roms, and the ones in mame are the 32 mb B board version, so I have nothing to compare these to :(

My hope is that someone out there has the 64 mb versions dumped and would be willing to share them with me so I can compare mine and see which one needs to be re-burned. I've been waiting for nearly a decade to fix this.. Please throw me a bone here!

Wouldn’t it be the same data, just concatenated or interleaved etc differently? If you dump yours you could compare the data and reassemble a 64mb version from what’s in mame. I can take a look if you need some help too.

Another consideration, are there 5v programmable replacements for that mask rom out there?

Honestly I’m just trying to figure out what to tell my rom burner is in the socket so it’ll read it 😅. They’re 64Mbit NEC mask roms (uPD23c64020cz) however they’re not on my burner’s list of compatible devices. I have a xeltek SuperPro 610P

Back