What's new

Mercuttio

Student
Reaction score
A friend of mine has been talking about getting rid of the dead homebrew cabinet (a painted over Data East 4P cab) in his living room for ages. The screen died 10 years ago, but they hadn't hauled it out. Cab itself was a total mess, but the CPS2 inside isn't what I expected.

IMG_8449.jpg

The boards are oddly signed. I haven't seen this before. The date seems to be within a few days of the original launch of the game. I've reverse image searched both signatures, and found nothing though. My assumption is the arcade operator signed it and dated it when they got it in.

IMG_8464.jpg

IMG_8450.jpg

Internally, the seals were in-tact when I found it. Opening it up though, and a bunch of the ROMs have MVC scribbled over VM3, which I was told was Vampire Savior's ROM name.

IMG_8457.jpg

IMG_8458.jpg

The game plays fine, and somehow hasn't suicided itself. I know I'll have to fix that eventually.

This is weird though- was this a very early version / prototype? I haven't played it enough and don't know the game well enough to determine if it is mechanically different. It works as I'd expect, I think.

I know this fool. If it’s interesting I’ll have him send it to be and dump the roms for everyone.

I know this fool. If it’s interesting I’ll have him send it to be and dump the roms for everyone.
Now sending something like this- I buy 2-3 pounds of uncooked uncured bacon and just wrap the shit out of the board in it, right?

Back