What's new

thetanbanan

Student
Reaction score
Hello!

So I recently placed a preorder for a HAS to replace my current time harvest CBOX supergun for peace of mind, and I have some questions regarding what I need for the power supply, so some help would be appreciated as I'm not super familiar with a lot of the specifics regarding power delivery.

Firstly, I was planning on getting the mean well RT-65A, but I saw that there was a disclaimer in the FAQ that it may not provide enough power for all arcade boards, I'll be using it with a CPS2 and CPS3, I doubt those boards are drawing more than 65 Watts but I wanted to see if anyone has any input on if that'll be enough for my setup?

Secondly, I would really like to use an IEC socket with a power switch on it, to prevent needing to directly wire a cable to the PSU and to let me use my surge protector for my other retro consoles without powering on the supergun all the time. Is that something I can do or would it be a poor idea? Also, I'm somewhat unsure of how the Ground/neutral/live wires translate to the socket terminals, so if anyone has a simple graphic/resource on which pins are mapped to which wire I'd really appreciate it.

Lastly, I was wondering if anyone has any resources for a cover for the PSU? I've been having some trouble finding an easily obtainable one and don't have access to a 3D printer, so if anyone has any resources for that it'd be greatly appreciated! I did see there was one on the forum that's currently sold out, but I was a little hesitant on it since it seemed a bit expensive and had some extra features I didn't really feel I needed.

Thanks for any help y'all can provide!
Tanner

Hello!

So I recently placed a preorder for a HAS to replace my current time harvest CBOX supergun for peace of mind, and I have some questions regarding what I need for the power supply, so some help would be appreciated as I'm not super familiar with a lot of the specifics regarding power delivery.

Firstly, I was planning on getting the mean well RT-65A, but I saw that there was a disclaimer in the FAQ that it may not provide enough power for all arcade boards, I'll be using it with a CPS2 and CPS3, I doubt those boards are drawing more than 65 Watts but I wanted to see if anyone has any input on if that'll be enough for my setup?

Secondly, I would really like to use an IEC socket with a power switch on it, to prevent needing to directly wire a cable to the PSU and to let me use my surge protector for my other retro consoles without powering on the supergun all the time. Is that something I can do or would it be a poor idea? Also, I'm somewhat unsure of how the Ground/neutral/live wires translate to the socket terminals, so if anyone has a simple graphic/resource on which pins are mapped to which wire I'd really appreciate it.

Lastly, I was wondering if anyone has any resources for a cover for the PSU? I've been having some trouble finding an easily obtainable one and don't have access to a 3D printer, so if anyone has any resources for that it'd be greatly appreciated! I did see there was one on the forum that's currently sold out, but I was a little hesitant on it since it seemed a bit expensive and had some extra features I didn't really feel I needed.

Thanks for any help y'all can provide!
Tanner
The wattage is fine on the RT65A, but the amps are not enough for some big boards. CPS2 should be fine, but spend the extra $5 and get the RT85A.

Here is the cover you should order and you'll be all set.

https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...ver-assembly-w-voltmeter-custom-cables.23195/

If you want it right now, I have a brand new one I can sell you for no mark up in price with a HAS power cable. I just got it, but prefer to wait for the next batch in the future with a blue voltmeter rather than a red one!

Yeah sure I'd be happy to take that off your hands! It looks like it takes care of most everything I need outside of the PSU itself which I'll just go ahead and order from mouser.

I'll send you a PM so we can work out the details, thanks again for your input and help, that honestly makes this a lot easier.

Back