What's new

plasticfactory

Grand Master
Reaction score
EDIT:

I seem to have confirmed it's an issue with the multi board.

I purchased a new motherboard from Sophia Corp considering my current one was super janky anyway, and I didn't like all the repairs on it. Unfortunately, I was met with the exact same issue. I've tried a new SD card (same size/brand), and the issue persists. Just for posterity, the board worked perfectly before putting it in anti-static bubble wrap and shelving it for a few months. No idea what changed; I can't see any physical issues on the Darksoft board.

I would greatly appreciate any help on this one.

I've been enjoying my 2023 edition Taito multi for a good portion of the year, and put it back on the shelf for a couple months. Today, I pulled it and wound up with graphics issues on one layer. Pictures at bottom.

I, unfortunately, do not have an original ROM board to test with. It worked flawlessly before putting it away. The issue affects all games on the system.

Any advice?

1694224579636.png

1694224600281.png

1694225011082.png

1694225027125.png

Last edited:
Pull the cart off, clean it and try again. Mine sucks at the connectors.

Hell, just re-seat it, that usually fixes mine.

I've reseated it 3 times, each time clinging to hope that fixes it. Maybe one more time...

Ugh. I'm sure you've done the obvious and checked for bent/broken pins?

Also, is your multi in a case of some kind? With mine it works better bare PCB to bare PCB.

I've been enjoying my 2023 edition Taito multi for a good portion of the year, and put it back on the shelf for a couple months. Today, I pulled it and wound up with graphics issues on one layer. Pictures at bottom.

I, unfortunately, do not have an original ROM board to test with. It worked flawlessly before putting it away. The issue affects all games on the system.

Any advice?

1694224579636.png

1694224600281.png

1694225011082.png

1694225027125.png
I had some troubles with my motherboard in the past

Here :
View: https://youtu.be/mXfsS3bWxa4?si=rqNbXfxvO9YDWgkb

@Hammy finds out and come back to me with some answers (he fixed nicely) , here :

View: https://youtu.be/GWtFX-Y1fBk?si=_atVqMgbUIjTkg7T

Cheers :happy:

Last edited:
I saw that in another thread, that's where I started first :)

@XtraSmiley No case (that's actually what I was about to do, lol). I looked over the pins pretty thoroughly -- nothing bent or damaged. I'm definitely suspecting it's a motherboard issue. It arrived filthy with a number of trace repairs. I'm going to look over all the existing repairs as a starting point.

It's easy to check those ram if they are RED hot, run for about 2-3 min and check them. They get cooking hot.
The motherboards have a fan on the case for a reason :D

I seem to have confirmed it's an issue with the multi board.

I purchased a new motherboard from Sophia Corp considering my current one was super janky anyway, and I didn't like all the repairs on it. Unfortunately, I was met with the exact same issue. I've tried a new SD card (same size/brand), and the issue persists. Just for posterity, the board worked perfectly before putting it in anti-static bubble wrap and shelving it for a few months. No idea what changed; I can't see any physical issues on the Darksoft board.

I would greatly appreciate any help on this one.

Last edited:
I would suggest two things first. Try running the VERIFY romset. Just take any game, better if it's a big game and add a file called VERIFY. This can be empty. It will load the game and after that it will verify that what was written actually matches what it should. This should clarify that many parts work properly....or not.

Second thing is that you rework the flashes if you know how to do that and do it very carefully.

Last thing, if you can't rework the flashes is that you very very gently press on them one by one and see if the GFX glitches disappear. If that's not the case, then most probably it's one of the level shifters and needs to be repaired. We can talk after you tried these things. Sounds OK?

This may be a stupid question, but am I literally just adding a blank file called VERIFY.txt (or some other format?) to the folder of the game ROM I want to verify?

If it comes down to it, I don't have any problem reworking the flashes.

filename is "VERIFY" not "VERIFY.TXT". At the end of the process you will see a text in the LCD that goes "VERIFY OK" or "VERIFY ERROR"

@Darksoft I added the VERIFY file to both Elevator Action and Darius Gaiden. It went through the verify process, but did not say "VERIFY OK" or "VERIFY ERROR", it simply said "finished". I know it went through some sort of process as after the game was loaded, the status bar started over.

Gently pressing on the flashes did not change anything. I was fairly thorough, so I don't think that's it. I didn't bother reworking anything after that because it seemed futile, but can still do that if necessary.

When did you buy this? Send me a PM and we'll see what I can do.

Back