What's new

ChrisNas83

Student
Reaction score
Hello,

I have two Tekken 7 FR ES3 boards that give me the following error “Checking.ERROR MONITOR 1” when the checks get to starting game.

I have tried different monitors, different cables, HDMI, DVI port 1 DVI port 2, moved the security dongle to USB 1 since it wasn’t there when I got them.

Any thoughts on this one?

D7E834FC-23B3-4C47-BDC2-5E0CF3500B91.jpeg

Hi, either your graphic card is half fried or your screen is limiting resolution.

Hi, either your graphic card is half fried or your screen is limiting resolution.
Hi, thank you for your help!

Can I just toss in another GPU and have it work? As long as it's the same make and model?

I am using a Noir HD cab as well as a 1080p computer monitor so I don't think those would be limiting resolution?

If still on the original hard drive and security dongle changing the GPU won't work as its locked to the system as part of the encryption process.
It is odd though as the GPU is clearly functioning otherwise you wouldn't be looking at that, my GPU which has dropped one of the 3 power phases still works through a DVI to HDMI dongle with a 1080p display and through DVI to a 1280x1024 pc monitor.

Not a great deal seems to be documented on the ES3 as i'm sure you have found when googling that error code and found nothing.

If still on the original hard drive and security dongle changing the GPU won't work as its locked to the system as part of the encryption process.
It is odd though as the GPU is clearly functioning otherwise you wouldn't be looking at that, my GPU which has dropped one of the 3 power phases still works through a DVI to HDMI dongle with a 1080p display and through DVI to a 1280x1024 pc monitor.

Not a great deal seems to be documented on the ES3 as i'm sure you have found when googling that error code and found nothing.
Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, there is nothing on the ES3!

I will play around with it some more to see if I can get it working.

I already had this error, it was a fried GPU. Changing the graphic card did the trick.

I use MSI or Asus card as I find they are the one that don't fail easily. Warning: you won't be able to use it without unlocking the OS first.

If you can find a "original ES3 gfx card" of the same exact model, it will work.

It looks like that command prompt window is 'really big' as if windows has defaulted to a low resolution. I recall when looking into repairing my 760 (which has a short circuit fault) I came across some stuff regarding the cards not being identified correctly in windows which I suspect is what the issue is here. I suspect windows has registered it as an unknown GPU defaulted to a low resolution and subsequently the security has flagged it as the wrong card.

Be interesting if you had another PC you could put this in and see what device manager says. You may well be able to get it working again but if you can get around the security then yeah, you're better off ditching the thing, its a potato that runs way too hot anyway.

It looks like that command prompt window is 'really big' as if windows has defaulted to a low resolution. I recall when looking into repairing my 760 (which has a short circuit fault) I came across some stuff regarding the cards not being identified correctly in windows which I suspect is what the issue is here. I suspect windows has registered it as an unknown GPU defaulted to a low resolution and subsequently the security has flagged it as the wrong card.

Be interesting if you had another PC you could put this in and see what device manager says. You may well be able to get it working again but if you can get around the security then yeah, you're better off ditching the thing, its a potato that runs way too hot anyway.
Yes, both cards are toast unfortunately.

Need to figure out what's next.

Back