What's new
Reaction score
I recently acquired a Blast City cab and am still learning the ins and outs. I have Third Strike hooked up through solely the jamma harness and have noticed alot of cracking and popping in the audio. I have tested the audio through my super gun setup in the past so i don't think its the volume pot. Can someone confirm if maybe the harness is attempting to run the game in stereo instead of its native mono sound or am I missing something?

Hit the service button and check in the audio settings. It should say either JAMMA or EXTERNAL(stereo)

If it isn’t the sound pot on your board… guessing at this point it isn’t your third strike - it’s your cab.

blast city speakers tend to go out over time due to “foam rot”, causing distorted sound. finding an exact replacement is very tough, however there are alternatives. there’s a few threads on the topic - here is one I found.

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/blast-city-speaker-replacement.8629/

there’s an aurasound driver that parts express sells that can fit the blast speaker surround box… not perfectly but it is pretty solid option imo, especially considering that for a long time there were no options.

one other thing… replacing blast speakers are a freaking pain in the azz. you will probably want to double check and make sure you think it is the speaker before going through it (you have to take the tube out.)

I really dont think its the sound pot on the board or the speakers. I recently tested the board with my supergun with no issues. As far as the speakers im also running my CPS2 board and the sound is coming out clean and crisp. I will eventually take a deep dive into the issue but, all the information provided here has helped.

Back