What's new
IMG_3217.jpeg

Or pentranic ch-288A

I will check mine but I think I have
a ch-288 which from factory has an issue with the design of the chassis!

The Horizontal deflection output section
Takes its power from the secondary windings in the HOT. Aka Flyback

So basically what happens is .
If the game wants to make the screen flash. The image jumps.
The work around is to lift a resistor out of circuit and pull power from a different power source .
I haven’t done it yet but will soon ..
I think the ch-288 A rectified the issue .
So get the ch-288 A if you can

The other think is
I was only expecting a 31khz chassi
swap.

With either a 29e31s ( curved )on a pfx tube
Pfx Flat so I expect issues there ?

29E31S and PFX KW0606A yokes are compatible. Very close readings. I just used an E31S yoke to test a PFX chassis and it worked fine for the 10 minutes or so I had it powered on.

Also, I just finished setup on a donor flat tube (LG A68QCU770X) using a curved 29E31S yoke and a chassis labeled "29PF31", which I assume is the PF version of the chassis. The yokes between flat and curved are indeed different, and you will need to compensate for the bowing by adding more magnets around the perimeter of the yoke and around the edge of the tube to get a decent result. It also has some static convergence issues on the top and bottom which I couldn't solve trying any of my spare ring sets or anything. I am currently looking for more PF or PFX yokes to test with.

29E31S and PFX KW0606A yokes are compatible. Very close readings. I just used an E31S yoke to test a PFX chassis and it worked fine for the 10 minutes or so I had it powered on.

Also, I just finished setup on a donor flat tube (LG A68QCU770X) using a curved 29E31S yoke and a chassis labeled "29PF31", which I assume is the PF version of the chassis. The yokes between flat and curved are indeed different, and you will need to compensate for the bowing by adding more magnets around the perimeter of the yoke and around the edge of the tube to get a decent result. It also has some static convergence issues on the top and bottom which I couldn't solve trying any of my spare ring sets or anything. I am currently looking for more PF or PFX yokes to test with.
Cool ..
Seems you got the Toshiba chassis there.

Yeh I have been to busy to carry on my experiments with the pfx ..

But yeh I have been told that the 29e31s Chassis will work with the pfx tube and yoke .

I have NOS
D9200. Aka 2792. Tri sync
Chassis wells Gardner
£240 each
£70 5 days air mail to any where USA insured 👍

Back