Dashboard

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Load Testing Arcade PSU - Resistor Recommendations

twistedsymphony

Home Arcade System - new supergun sets

kryssss

PS4/PC/XBOX ONE/SWITCH, QHD Monitor all in Vewlix cabinet

QBMax

Neo Geo MVS in a Sega Blast City?

nem

Sega Universal Upright conversion

mR_CaESaR

Recent Activities

• twistedsymphony -

Replied to the thread Load Testing Arcade PSU - Resistor Recommendations.

Quote from Apocalypse: “However you're going to need BIG resistors that can actually dissipate such power and they're going to run hot. ” This bears repeating... You'll want to be using the big ceramic resistors like at the bottom of this picture:
  • twistedsymphony -

Liked Apocalypse’s post in the thread Load Testing Arcade PSU - Resistor Recommendations.

Like (Post)
    Say you want a decent load on each power rail: - -5V: 1A = 5W = 5ohm - +12V: 2A = 24W = 6ohm - +5V: 6A = 30W = 0.8ohm - +3.3V: 5A = 16.5W = 0.7ohm Those are just suggested power consumptions that should be ok with 90% of PCBs. However you're going to…
  • twistedsymphony -

Liked nem’s post in the thread Games that don't have Attract Mode during Free Play.

Like (Post)
    Quote from twistedsymphony: “Besides, I really enjoy the Attract Mode loop on a lot of these games. ” This is the big reason. Diet Go Go got very little play time, probably because you have no idea what kind of game it is if it just sits on a screen…
  • kryssss -

Replied to the thread Home Arcade System - new supergun sets.

Hi Jassin000, First I thank you for your reply about my question regarding MK II kickharness and HAS. Sorry, but I still need an explanation. Here is my problem : As I live in Switzerland, I have purchased a MAK Strike from Germany to be used with a…
  • QBMax -

Replied to the thread PS4/PC/XBOX ONE/SWITCH, QHD Monitor all in Vewlix cabinet.

Quote from SNK-NEO-GEO: “Hello there.. I am not sure if you are saying that it is a product that you are bringing into the market or something (a project) that you worked on.. What would be cool to bring into the market-- The top black panel repo with…
  • Yippikaye -

Liked KingSopz’s post in the thread Home Arcade System - new supergun sets.

Like (Post)
    This is what i did as a home consolized HAS with an jamma extender by @The Spaniard and of course a OSSC with scart adaptor to 8 pindin .. plus i play my ps4 on this monitor too (Ben Q Zowie) @nassekova