Dashboard

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

How to identify if CPS2 has been converted

Velyks

Neo Geo MVS MV-1A Won't Go Beyond Garbage Screen

ack

[HAS] JAMMA extension harness

dreamaid

Blast City Marquee Light Ficture

hoagtech

Any PGM Conversion info out there?

Segasonicfan

Recent Activities

• Velyks -

Replied to the thread How to identify if CPS2 has been converted.

Quote from twistedsymphony: “The problem is that Pheonixed PCBs are not running original program data. the program ROMs have been modified to get rid of the copy protection. ” Some boards will be burned with the phoenix roms (Noted by "phoenix…
  • xtrasmiley -

Replied to the thread How to identify if CPS2 has been converted.

Also add in your post @twistedsymphony that if you are going to Pheonix a board, it's OK, AS LONG AS you use fresh EPROMs and keep the originals (with label) safe, in case down the road you sell it or use a key to bring it back. The worst is seeing…
  • xtrasmiley -

Liked twistedsymphony’s post in the thread How to identify if CPS2 has been converted.

Like (Post)
    Quote from vholfx: “Ok so if I'm reading correctly, all conversions go through the phoenix process, so I should see no battery and possibly wires around the board? ” that was true a few years ago, but is now no longer true. Some originals with…
  • ack -

Replied to the thread Neo Geo MVS MV-1A Won't Go Beyond Garbage Screen.

If its a static image (watchdog not resetting the board) you might check the clock pin on the 68k. Its pretty common for MV-1A boards to have issues because a high failure rate of the NEO-BUF ICs, which causes all kinds of problems.
  • mathewbeall -

Liked hursit’s post in the thread New Generation Metal Shell For Dreamcast.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Coyo5050: “Looks great ” Thank you. I have already reach to 100pc MOQ already. Thanks to you for your all support. Im starting to production of Injection Mold and for other parts ;)