Dashboard

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Dolphin Blue: How to tell a boot from an original

buffi

MV1C - Backup Ram Error

Raph_friend

Faulty SIMM socket?

MVS cabinet power supply (U-SAN) fan question...

Kujako

Pinned Darksoft Neo Multi Help thread

DeWitt

Recent Activities

• buffi -

Replied to the thread Dolphin Blue: How to tell a boot from an original.

FWIW, for some reason I don't think there are many Dolphin Blue bootlegs around. It's strange that it was never a very bootlegged game. (No idea on price)
  • Raph_friend -

Replied to the thread MV1C - Backup Ram Error.

Replace a suspect is the first thing I do, but you can test the points if have alot of free time.
  • mR_CaESaR -

Posted the thread Faulty SIMM socket?.

Thread
    Thought I'd create a new thread rather than fill up the purchases thread :) Made a gamble purchase on what would've been my "grail" pcb.. Cps3 and 3s! ERleiFl.jpg The "gamble" comment is due to the message below which the seller did…
  • djsheep -

Liked nnap’s post in the thread Dolphin Blue: How to tell a boot from an original.

Like (Post)
    Original has 3 Sammy chips on the left if you orient it in the way that the Sammy labels on the chip are the right way around. There are 2 additonal Sammy labeled chips on the Bottom side of the board where the connector is.
  • djsheep -

Thanks! This one's definitely an original by the looks of things. Pity the label is missing... What's the going rate for an original like this these days (missing label, but repro included)?
  • nnap -

Original has 3 Sammy chips on the left if you orient it in the way that the Sammy labels on the chip are the right way around. There are 2 additonal Sammy labeled chips on the Bottom side of the board where the connector is.
  • Kujako -

Replied to the thread MV1C - Backup Ram Error.

Quote from Raph_friend: “Replace HC32. ” To expand on this: youtube.com/watch?v=xKzP9NdAY8s Note however that I've had boards where it hasn't helped. Have a 1FZ here that just seems to not work no mater what I do, but UniBIOS bypasses the RAM check and…
  • djsheep -

Posted the thread Dolphin Blue: How to tell a boot from an original.

Thread
    Just wondering how to tell a Dolphin Blue boot from an original. I know you usually check the serial number, but the cart I have been offered has a missing label? Three chips inside have Sammy stamps on them?