Dashboard

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

CPS2 project gone bad

psykom1

The history of moon patrol arcade documentary

psykom1

Can I convert Football Champ (Taito F1) into something else?

Darksoft

what's the exact ref about this pot?

nonosto

Conversion of single layer Taito Cup Finals PCB to something else?

ekorz

Recent Activities

• psykom1 -

Replied to the thread CPS2 project gone bad.

It wouldn't hurt to get a soft bristle tooth brush, and get some contact cleaner in here. I'd pull up each of those socketed chips one by one, scrub the contacts, and sockets. Reseat carefully. It's always worth a try. I've seen crustier boards come…
  • stt1 -

Quote from djsheep: “"Junk" in Japan used to be untested A-Grade stuff for the most part. It's a pity that some sellers have let go of the pride behind that ethos and started to actually sell junk as junk, it was bound to happen with the advent of the…
  • djsheep -

Liked suverman’s post in the thread CPS2 project gone bad.

Like (Post)
    "Blue - USA & European region boards. These are totally interchangeable with the Green Japanese region boards and vice-versa." its true. I can get random colour screen (blue, red, purple, yellow, white, green, turquoise...) - Green generally happens…
  • AlxUnderBase -

Liked mypinballs’s post in the thread Can I convert Football Champ (Taito F1) into something else?.

Like (Post)
    Talking about conversions. It a shame that Metal Black isn't exactly the same hardware as football champ, as thats where i started with this when first looking, ie can metal black be run on something else. I think the i/o ic (4 player vs 2 players??) and…
  • djsheep -

Damn, they're some crusty CPS-2 boards right there. That sucks! "Junk" in Japan used to be untested A-Grade stuff for the most part. It's a pity that some sellers have let go of the pride behind that ethos and started to actually sell junk as junk, it…
  • Quote from Hammy: “Ninja kids is the only other game that may run on this particular board. (TE7750 chip) Not looked at it. The config for ninja kids has 1 less graphics chip compared to football champ h/w. ” indeed. though Ninja Kids isn't that rare…
  • AlxUnderBase -

Liked mypinballs’s post in the thread Can I convert Football Champ (Taito F1) into something else?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from twistedsymphony: “WOW, nice work. So in addition to adding the above connections did you have to cut any traces? And did you have to modify the ROMs at all? ” Thanks, i only had to cut 1 trace which was the original signal to the pin11 of…
  • suverman -

"Blue - USA & European region boards. These are totally interchangeable with the Green Japanese region boards and vice-versa." its true. I can get random colour screen (blue, red, purple, yellow, white, green, turquoise...) - Green generally happens…
  • psykom1 -

Replied to the thread The history of moon patrol arcade documentary.

Hey @patmanqc I heard your name mentioned on "The Retro Hour Podcast" last Friday. All things considered, it's a pretty wide-spread weekly podcast with loads of subscribers. Keep up the great content.
  • AlxUnderBase -

Liked Hammy’s post in the thread Can I convert Football Champ (Taito F1) into something else?.

Like (Post)
    Well done! Thanks for finishing this one, it was sitting around for a long time. Seems that fresh eyes on this one was all that was needed! I re-burned all the GFX roms and took the extra 74 off and patched a couple of traces that had been cut.... Can…