Dashboard

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

MV-1C backup ram error

PCB Repair

xodaraP

Pinned Latest news on Atomiswave 2 Naomi

bobbydilley

Martial Champion to Mystic Warriors - Conversion/Guide

Apocalypse

How to add earth ground.

KaPH33n

Recent Activities

• troc2020 -

Liked ShootTheCore’s post in the thread Sega Saturn ODEs - Rhea and Phoebe.

Like (Post)
    FWIW, there's a prepared "Leighfoot Pack" out there in Torrentland for the Rhea and Phoebe that has all of the US Saturn library and the quality import and translated games all prepped and nicely organized into subfolders - about 525 games total. It's…
  • Sending a MASSIVE thanks to @ShootTheCore for the Leighfoot Pack. Fits nicely on a 256GB card and everything is nicely sorted by genre menus. Highly recommended to anyone with Rhea or Phoebe, there's a lot of stuff in this pack for me to explore I…
  • xtrasmiley -

Liked nassekova’s post in the thread Home Arcade System.

Like (Post)
    Quote from SmokeMonster: “Quote from nassekova: “I think I heard some where (probably was in @SmokeMonster video) that some bootlegs require higher 5v to work. Since they are bootlegs and the quality varies so hard to tell. But you might want to test set…
  • merrygoomba -

Posted the thread MV-1C backup ram error.

Thread
    My MV-1C suddenly boots with this error,arcade-projects.com/forums/ind…f67e3cbee569979dcd314d024 Any idea what this means or what chip I need to replace, if any ? Thanks.
  • chomponooch -

Liked twistedsymphony’s post in the thread PCB Repair.

Like (Post)
    My process is generally: 1. boot up the board and verify voltages. identify what it's doing wrong so you have a base line, try flexing the board slightly, wiggling the edge connector, putting pressure on SMD and socketed chips and see if any of these…
  • chomponooch -

Liked TheDeath’s post in the thread PCB Repair.

Like (Post)
    Other tips might be usefull, as they were for me: Get a copy of "ON SEMICONDUCTOR TTL data book". This is like bread to me, it will help you understand logic of chips, how they works, where to check outputs (mostly), what are gates and so on. it's free…
  • xodaraP -

Replied to the thread PCB Repair.

IC socket common sizes I use a lot and keep regular stock of: 24 pin 0.3" 28 pin 0.3" 28 pin 0.6" 32 pin 40 pin Basic tools: Soldering iron Good leaded solder Multimeter Logic probe Fibreglass pen Hobby knife That should get you started :)