Dashboard

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Cloning a BattleGear 4 Tuned HDD

DevoDave

Lifted Trace Help

skate323k137

What would be the correct 12mhz crystal oscillator to upgrade an A board

opt2not

Converting GDROM NAOMI games to cart.

KoshiroKazuma

Pinned Suggestions for future enhancements to the MulitMVS

rewrite

Recent Activities

• DevoDave -

Replied to the thread Cloning a BattleGear 4 Tuned HDD.

Hmmm... I have the drive out of the working seat to try and copy it and the bugger is ATA locked. It is set to MAX security too! The drive may not be the original. The history of these seats is a guess at best. I'm trying the MHDD file to deep dive…
  • DevoDave -

Liked rewrite’s post in the thread Cloning a BattleGear 4 Tuned HDD.

Like (Post)
    Quote from DevoDave: “(Google is struggling to help find me a ia decrypted copy of the game) ” PM incoming.
  • skate323k137 -

Replied to the thread Lifted Trace Help.

Wire is ideal for removing excess solder from your tip while working on clean/new work. Sponge is mandatory though for rework, or anything where you're burning off a lot of flux/dust/oxides. I've never had it damage a tip coating but I do watch my temp.…
  • Frank_fjs -

I prefer wire cleaners. I find a wet sponge tarnishes the tip.
  • PascalP -

Well from what I have learned, clean the tip with that wire type sponge for normal use and only use the wet sponge when really needed. Apparantly the wet sponge could cause damage to the tip (micro fractures in its surface). No idea what this is based…
  • I guess like Apocalypse said, it’ll come down to trail and error. I’ll give this one a shot.