Dashboard

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Help! Hardly any sound from CPS2 RCA contacts

Frank_fjs

Pinned A Freeware Taito TypeX2 Multigame.

Bluetear

Pinned Australian Roll Call / Registry / Deals Thread

Frank_fjs

Vewlix Speaker Replacement Mod

KI2 DOM (Killer Instinct 2 Disc on Module)

obcd

Recent Activities

• mbd -

Liked darthpaul86’s post in the thread Australian Roll Call / Registry / Deals Thread.

Like (Post)
    Hey Eveyone! 1. darthpaul86 2. VIC 3. Im a bit of a noob so cant help currently. 4. Nothing at the moment, just got my blast city so that will keep me entertained for a while! 5. No Social Media, I do have steam, I believe it's darth_paul_88 Pleased to…
  • mbd -

Liked mR_CaESaR’s post in the thread Australian Roll Call / Registry / Deals Thread.

Like (Post)
    hahaha ok then. Andy is the man! He allowed my Sega Rally "garbage" cab be turned into a decent sega racing cab with the help of his L2M2 PCB :) On a side note, for any aussies that "cbf" making your own harnesses, I'm starting up a way to offer harness…
  • Frank_fjs -

Replied to the thread Help! Hardly any sound from CPS2 RCA contacts.

I'm leaning towards an issue with your cab / amp / wiring than the CPS2 board. It would help if you could connect the CPS2 RCA outputs to an external source such as a stereo system etc. Otherwise, to go in the other direction, do you have a Naomi or…
  • Bluetear -

Replied to the thread A Freeware Taito TypeX2 Multigame..

Quote from muckyfingers: “Quote from beast1x5: “oh no shit?!? This is some good info, but is there a way to get this properly working via dvi-d to hdmi For supergun use? ” No, the GPU on the Type X2 only sends the EDID information through the VGA…
  • Nomax -

Liked doozer’s post in the thread Sega Transformers DLX.

Like (Post)
    I managed to avoid drilling. For anyone else ever in this situation, there is a fan vent cover just above the lock. You can slowly remove the 4 screws by applying outward pressure on the grill (I used a flat blade screwdriver). This stops the internal…
  • Bluetear -

Liked muckyfingers’s post in the thread A Freeware Taito TypeX2 Multigame..

Like (Post)
    Quote from beast1x5: “oh no shit?!? This is some good info, but is there a way to get this properly working via dvi-d to hdmi For supergun use? ” No, the GPU on the Type X2 only sends the EDID information through the VGA port. What does work, I’ve…
  • beast1x5 -

Replied to the thread A Freeware Taito TypeX2 Multigame..

• Dloop -

So I've uploaded images of how it is connected, so the amplifier can be seen. The gray RCA cables that can be seen is from the jamma harness. When I play jamma they go into the RCA inputs that the CPS2 stereo cables are going to in the pictures.
  • Frank_fjs -

Jamma audio is amplified (speaker level), which explains why that works. The RCA output is line level, not amplified, thus it would barely be audible if connected to speakers directly sans amplification. I'm not sure how your cab works but it's not the…
  • Dloop -

Quote from Frank_fjs: “Interesting. Is the amplifier in your cab definitely working, regarding its RCA inputs? Can you narrow this down by connecting the CPS2 RCA outs to a different external amplifier, like an old hifi system etc? I'm sure you're…