Dashboard

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Open Source USB to DB15 for Supergun adapter

Frank_fjs

Did old 15Khz CRT arcade monitors just have 240 vertical lines?

elpablo

Conversion of single layer Taito Cup Finals PCB to something else?

Ace`

Pre-Order For Capcom Mini Cute Production

asra

Model 2 /3 Security hacks

glstar

Recent Activities

• suverman -

Liked Frank_fjs’s post in the thread Open Source USB to DB15 for Supergun adapter.

Like (Post)
    Pricing isn't known as yet, but everything is being worked on to ensure large supply and global distribution. I've ordered the PCBs and need to verify a few things first. Should be able to show a working product in approximately 3 weeks time. The…
  • zerox_dogma -

Liked xodaraP’s post in the thread InfiniKey-Kabuki.

Like (Post)
    Quote from zerox_dogma: “You need make a tutorial for phoniexed games. I want and I know more people in the same situation, revert the process and use a infinikey. I have warrior of fate cps1.5 game all original Phoenixed (because the battery was…
  • Frank_fjs -

Replied to the thread Open Source USB to DB15 for Supergun adapter.

It's pretty cost effective and supports many controllers. Code is being continuously worked on in the background and more controllers added weekly. Qanba is being implemented as we speak. I've been enjoying using it very much, it's made my other…
  • elpablo -

Replied to the thread Did old 15Khz CRT arcade monitors just have 240 vertical lines?.

I can see I’m wrong and that the 15Khz arcade CRTs were displaying 240P over 480i (which is what you guys were telling me lol) So the arcade monitors used the same “Double Strike” signaling to achieve 240P alike consumer CRT TVs?
  • elpablo -

Liked jassin000’s post in the thread Did old 15Khz CRT arcade monitors just have 240 vertical lines?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from elpablo: “Did the CRTs do 240P with just 240 progressive vertical lines or were they like consumer CRT TVs ” The tubes were rated higher than consumer grade, however at the tube level they function the same way. 240p is a "hack" in that…
  • elpablo -

Liked the Goat’s post in the thread Did old 15Khz CRT arcade monitors just have 240 vertical lines?.

Like (Post)
    The actual CRTs do not have a discrete number of lines like you are asking. The circuitry around the CRT is what limits which signals can be rasterized. In general the horizontal sync rate of the monitor it is the critical factor. Usually a 15kHz…
  • Derick2k -

Liked Escarioth’s post in the thread Escarioth's Aluminum Cases.

Like (Post)
    Update time! Quite unexpected but making one sega16 case was ok with our machine but with so many, air vents for front case caused crashes with pieces flipping all over on the alum. Sheet. Lucky for me, i manage to have enough material left to start…
  • Ace` -

Replied to the thread Conversion of single layer Taito Cup Finals PCB to something else?.

Interesting, so what does the rom board do differently?