Dashboard

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Should I replace this transistor?

twistedsymphony

90 degree angle/riser for the STV Cart??

ic3b4ll

Any PGM Conversion info out there?

Scarletspeedstr

PCB question: What are GALs and PALs in terms of chips?

twistedsymphony

Baseboard error 11

Recent Activities

• CB_of_Luton -

Liked twistedsymphony’s post in the thread Should I replace this transistor?.

Like (Post)
    I'd just resolder it and see how it goes. I've found that with physical damage to transistors generally the legs will snap off before you damage it internally. capacitors and crystals will often be damaged internally before the solder breaks. you can…
  • twistedsymphony -

Replied to the thread Should I replace this transistor?.

I'd just resolder it and see how it goes. I've found that with physical damage to transistors generally the legs will snap off before you damage it internally. capacitors and crystals will often be damaged internally before the solder breaks. you can…
  • twistedsymphony -

Liked nem’s post in the thread Should I replace this transistor?.

Like (Post)
    You could pull it out, test it with a multimeter, and if it's good, solder it back in. Or you could just resolder all three legs. Most likely the transistor is fine.
  • CB_of_Luton -

Liked jassin000’s post in the thread Should I replace this transistor?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from nem: “Or you could just resolder all three legs. Most likely the transistor is fine. ” That, I'd just reflow it in place. Seems like its fine.
  • jassin000 -

Replied to the thread Should I replace this transistor?.

Quote from nem: “Or you could just resolder all three legs. Most likely the transistor is fine. ” That, I'd just reflow it in place. Seems like its fine.
  • AlxUnderBase -

Liked Darksoft’s post in the thread Finally, multi System 16B (Sega).

Like (Post)
    8bea941ef238677118350ee65834a33876f90b3ef24d8852866ab8c984cc3321.jpg