Dashboard

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Bonanza Bros - Not booting and Japanese Error Screen

Apocalypse

Pinned New CPS2 Multigame Firmware with Key Writing!!!!!!

udongein

CPS3 left on P2 side is constantly "on"

snakeGrave

Need a hand with SuperGun video attenuation circuit

ekorz

Pinned Reveal Vid for Darksoft's MVS Multi Cart

Mitsurugi-w

Recent Activities

• Nachoman -

Liked SVM’s post in the thread VOTE ON THE MUSIC FOR THE MULTI MENU.

Like (Post)
  • Apocalypse -

Replied to the thread Bonanza Bros - Not booting and Japanese Error Screen.

Quote from 98pacecar: “You beat me to it. I was staring at the back of the board and noticed that a couple of pins were shorted between 2 of the RAM chips. Fixed that, put the 373 back in, and the board fired up! Now, I'm just fighting the HxC to get…
  • 98pacecar -

You beat me to it. I was staring at the back of the board and noticed that a couple of pins were shorted between 2 of the RAM chips. Fixed that, put the 373 back in, and the board fired up! Now, I'm just fighting the HxC to get it to work. But at least…
  • 98pacecar -

Liked Apocalypse’s post in the thread Bonanza Bros - Not booting and Japanese Error Screen.

Like (Post)
    Quote from 98pacecar: “Ok, pulled the 373 in question and checked the impedance across the bad pin and vcc. Didn't see low impedance like I'd have expected if that chip were bad. Checked impedance across vcc and the bad pin at the newly installed…
  • Apocalypse -

Quote from 98pacecar: “Ok, pulled the 373 in question and checked the impedance across the bad pin and vcc. Didn't see low impedance like I'd have expected if that chip were bad. Checked impedance across vcc and the bad pin at the newly installed…
  • udongein -

Replied to the thread New CPS2 Multigame Firmware with Key Writing!!!!!!.

Updated my CPS2 multi with the key writing firmware today and it works great! Had a little scare after attaching the 4 wires since all I got was a light green screen, but I think my B board wasn't sitting properly. Re-seated the board and everything was…
  • 98pacecar -

Ok, pulled the 373 in question and checked the impedance across the bad pin and vcc. Didn't see low impedance like I'd have expected if that chip were bad. Checked impedance across vcc and the bad pin at the newly installed socket on the board and I…
  • snakeGrave -

Replied to the thread CPS3 left on P2 side is constantly "on".

Update here. I lifted pin 139 and there was no change in behavior. I am fairly confident that the custom IC is borked. So my options are to either replace the IC or get a new mobo. Is that IC truly custom or can I maybe harvest one from some other…