Dashboard

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Killer Instinct CPU Reflow Fail

xodaraP

Sega Saturn VA0 Model 1: Repair & Recap

The Spaniard

Home Arcade System - new supergun sets

Azu

Sentinel Supergun - Prototype

Frank_fjs

Using spinner to play NG/JAMMA games

furohon

Recent Activities

• xodaraP -

Replied to the thread Killer Instinct CPU Reflow Fail.

The problem with wick is it sticks when the solder cools and you end up making a huge mess with a job like this (I've tried something similar in the past)
  • Dakken -

Liked irepairsega’s post in the thread Preparing a Hikaru BGA Chip for Re-installation.

Like (Post)
    I just want to say very well done so far. I am glad to see you picking this up. I was the last of three people that worked on these in the world and I stopped doing these a couple years ago. I will still do reflows for opens but that it now. Everything…
  • Frank_fjs -

Liked RetroRGB’s post in the thread Sentinel Supergun - Prototype.

Like (Post)
    Sorry for the double post - Just to clarify though: In practice, it's best to have the resistors as close to the amp as possible, but you're correct, it won't make a different with a properly built cable. "Properly built" is the HUGE problem everyone…
  • The Spaniard -

Replied to the thread Sega Saturn VA0 Model 1: Repair & Recap.

There are ones that can be swapped I believe. These guys here talk about it but its hard for me to get my head around it using google translate to figure it out. Looking at it, it seems possible to replace the caps just like on the DC one to get…
  • Azu -

Replied to the thread Home Arcade System - new supergun sets.

Quote from undamned: “Quote from Azu: “Quick question: I have the HAS with a few UD Decoders and friends that bring their own fightsticks to play ST. I was wondering is it safe to unplug and plug controllers while the HAS is powered on? For…
  • Azu -

Liked undamned’s post in the thread Home Arcade System - new supergun sets.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Azu: “Quick question: I have the HAS with a few UD Decoders and friends that bring their own fightsticks to play ST. I was wondering is it safe to unplug and plug controllers while the HAS is powered on? For instance: if one person is done…
  • sammargh -

Replied to the thread Home Arcade System - new supergun sets.

Quote from daffy: “I'm debating whether I should make a case for the HAS when I eventually get it, do you think something like this would work? AfNXth5.jpg ” Should work fine in theory but I prefer a modular approach as I have quite a few arcade…